At EDITED, you'll be part of our Product and Data team, working closely with other software developers and data scientists, retail specialists and designers to create data-driven solutions to our customers' problems. We've got huge scope to innovate and we always welcome fresh perspectives. You'll be able to make a big impact, and learn a huge amount during your time at EDITED.
We bring in the best candidates to meet our existing team and get to know them before making a hiring decision together.
As a back end engineer, you'll be involved in building systems that support new client-facing features and well as hacking on internal tools or systems. Your day might range from building APIs, to optimising database queries, to implementing machine learning algorithms on CUDA and integrating them into our data processing pipeline.
You have a strong CS background and a love for building scalable back end systems. You've actually built a few in your time.
- Love for crafting beautiful, well-tested code. We code primarily in Python, but we really don't care if you are a Pythonista or not. You have the smarts needed to pick it up quickly.
- Ability to ship things fast. We move fast and deploy quite a few times everyday.
- Fluent in some *nix flavor. Most of our engineers work on Macs or Thinkpads running Linux and our servers run Linux primarily.
- Experience with Django or Flask.
- Experience with Storm and Streamparse.
- Experience with CUDA.
- Experience with MariaDB and NoSQL technologies like Riak and Elasticsearch.
- Open-source contributions.
- Strong sense of good engineering and architecture.
- Good understanding of security.
About EDITED EDITED is used by the world’s best brands and retailers to have the right product at the right time, at the right price. But more than that, it’s become the single biggest source of real-time retail data in the world. Now industry professionals can know more about their markets than ever before. Every day brands and retailers on six continents use EDITED to understand their markets in real-time and trade more efficiently. And it’s not just cutting-edge online retailers; this is a product that’s transformative for every business. Data is essential. You need data to compete with the best companies in the world, and to give your customers the best product. Our team works hard to help our customers trade better than ever before. We’re serious about our colleagues, and we have a high performance, high responsibility and high context culture. We’re data scientists, retail professionals, analysts, engineers, business people and all of us are the very best in the world at what we do. Read more about working at EDITED. Our product is used by the world’s biggest brands and retailers. It’s easy to understand, powerful, and transformative to your business. We’d love to show you what it can do.