Manager, Analytics & Business Intelligence
Quality education for everyone, everywhere
The Manager, Analytics and Business Intelligence is a highly quantitative problem solver responsible for leading the edX data analytics vision and practice. You’ll work with each and every function at edX to develop actionable insights that improve marketing effectiveness, inform product design, enable financial reporting and improve partner and learner outcomes.
You will be empowered to shape edX’s data strategy. Help edX find the right mix of talent, technology and process that allows us to most effectively leverage our data to provide high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Lead the edX analytics vision across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with each of the edX functions to understand how data could better inform decision making in their area. Work cross-functionally to answer questions, prioritize projects, determine success metrics and automate key reports.
- Consult on A/B experiment design and result analysis.
- Partner with Product, Educational Services, and Marketing teams to solve problems, highlight trends and find opportunities.
- Work with various members of the organization to create ad hoc reports, models, analysis, dashboards and business recommendations.
- Produce weekly reports on performance across the organization on key operating metrics, and monthly and quarterly reports for the leadership team.
- Manage the day to day work and career development for a team of 2-5 analysts.
- 8+ years experience in an analytics or data focused position
- Experience leading a team of analysts and/or data scientists.
- Well versed in SQL.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions, AB testing).
- Skilled at clearly communicating results to a diverse audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Able to tackle ambiguous problems, provide structure, and execute analysis.
- Experience manipulating large data sets using Python or R.
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker.
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing AB tests.
- Experience with predictive modeling and machine learning.
- Experience collaborating with a data engineering team to build the right tools, automation and capabilities to enable data-informed decision making.
- Understanding of marketing analytics and campaign performance.
- Experience using Google Analytics to monitor marketing and web performance.
- B.A. / M.S. / Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or equivalent experience.
About us Founded in 2012 by Harvard University and MIT, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere. Since 2012, edX has grown to include over 100 highly acclaimed institutions. We are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. We offer over 1,200+ courses, with more continually being added. Our students come from every country in the world! Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing, we have the course for you! Enroll today and learn something new.
Want to learn more about edX? Visit edX's website.
Jobs You May Like
Indigo, Atlanta, GA
Data Scientist - Attractions & Rentals Team
Linux Systems Intern
Datto, Norwalk, CT
Paid Media Analyst
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Data Scientist, Process Simulation
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654 ste 775
Smule, San Francisco, CA