Want to get to know the hiring manager? Watch a quick interview here.
Senior Data Analyst
We’re looking for an exceptional business-focused data analyst to drive better decision making across edX and for our partners.
This is an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we build a world-class data team. You will build reports and conduct analysis to enable cross-functional teams and influence decisions across the organization. Improving use of data is one of edX’s top strategic priorities. Your work will have a major and highly visible impact on our mission of providing high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Develop, document, automate, and monitor metrics and reports. Design data models and write ETL scripts. Ensure accuracy and alignment with desired business objectives.
- Provide data and analysis to support decisions across all departments and for end customers.
- Identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions to business problems.
- Influence decisions at all levels of the organization, including presenting findings to senior leadership.
- Innovate new ways analysis of data can be used to support the organization and its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience analyzing real world data.
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically (strong SQL skills, some scripting experience).
- Demonstrably strong business orientation and propensity toward action.
- Ability to draw scientifically robust conclusions from data, and attention to detail.
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others.
Nice to have
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline, or an MBA with a strong quantitative bent.
- Programming skills as applied to working with data (e.g. Python, R).
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
How you will grow
- Be part of a highly talented, collaborative, and practical data team that is always teaching and learning from each other.
- Collaborate cross functionally and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives.
- Focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use data to create quantifiable value for an organization.
- Play a key role in transforming a company early in its analytical journey into a highly sophisticated data-driven organization.
- Solve challenging technical problems involving large volumes of data using cutting-edge tools.
- Dedicate your time at work to furthering an important social cause, and have a big impact on edX's sustainability
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
About us Founded in 2012 by Harvard University and MIT, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere. Since 2012, edX has grown to include over 100 highly acclaimed institutions. We are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. We offer over 1,200+ courses, with more continually being added. Our students come from every country in the world! Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing, we have the course for you! Enroll today and learn something new.