Senior Front End Software Engineer
EdX is looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join our Core Frontend team to help us change the face of education. Core Frontend empowers delivery teams to ship high-quality code through a combination of tools, infrastructure, and mentorship. Though our focus area is the frontend, we work across the entire stack, from open-source packages like our React component library and Bootstrap theme to package build and release automation.
- Help shape the direction of frontend architecture at edX within the company as well as the broader open-source community
- Collaborate with engineers across the company on best practices through code reviews, pair programming, and other feedback mechanisms
- Enable teams to work faster and better by partnering on difficult problems
- Contribute to our common pattern and component libraries used across edX web applications
- Identify and proactively solve problems that will improve and streamline our code base
- 3+ years frontend development experience
- Expert knowledge of modern JS (ES2015+) and its ecosystem
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React, Vue, etc.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Experience working in an agile development environment and distributed version control.
- Experience working with frontend build toolchains, including tools such as Webpack and Babel.
- Backend experience, especially Python.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Experience with universal/server-rendered or “serverless” frontends.
- Knowledge of frontend performance challenges and tradeoffs and experience profiling.
- Experience with CSS as well as dialects such as SASS and LESS.
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks.
About us Founded in 2012 by Harvard University and MIT, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere. Since 2012, edX has grown to include over 100 highly acclaimed institutions. We are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. We offer over 1,200+ courses, with more continually being added. Our students come from every country in the world! Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing, we have the course for you! Enroll today and learn something new.