Partner Support Engineer (Barcelona)
edX, Barcelona, Spain
Quality education for everyone, everywhere
Partner Support Engineers are integral members of the edX Engineering team, working on support and satisfaction of our growing global Course Creator community. This diverse community includes Instructors, Teaching Assistants, Instructional Designers, Media Specialists, Engineers, and Data Analysts. Reporting to the Manager of Partner Support, the Support Engineer is part of a team focused on helping Course Creators design, develop, and run their courses on edX as seamlessly as possible. This involves proactive communication, reactive troubleshooting, advising, and inspiring our growing base of course creators around the world.
The European Partner Support Engineer will be part of a small co-located team based in Barcelona, and will be asked to collaborate remotely with various teams that are based at our Cambridge, MA USA headquarters. You’ll use the expertise you gain on the edX platform as well as your technical and communication skills to help our university partners achieve their goals.
- Respond to incoming Support tickets and provide in-depth product support and guidance to course authors, following SLAs and target performance metrics
- Identify, diagnose, and escalate client-facing bugs, identifying solutions and workarounds wherever possible
- Work closely with Product, Documentation, Engineering teams (and more!), advocating for the partner experience
- Advise course teams on best practices and options for accomplishing their objectives
- Back up recommendations to improve the course team experience with reporting/analysis that demonstrates the business needs, reach and impact
- Build a credible presence in communication channels with both developers and authors
- Problem Solving: Strong technical problem-solving skills, especially when working collaboratively. Able to effectively communicate the need for improved tools/services.
- Database skills: The ability to effectively query databases for gathering information and problem solving.
- Language: Fluency in Spanish and English
- Experience with support in higher education
- Familiarity with Command Line, GitHub, JIRA and Zendesk (or other support ticketing systems)
- Project Management skills
- Additional languages a plus
Why you’ll like it here:
- edX is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners' potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
About us Founded in 2012 by Harvard University and MIT, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere. Since 2012, edX has grown to include over 100 highly acclaimed institutions. We are proud to count the world’s leading universities, nonprofits, and institutions as our members. We offer over 1,200+ courses, with more continually being added. Our students come from every country in the world! Whether you are interested in computer science, languages, engineering, psychology, writing, electronics, biology, or marketing, we have the course for you! Enroll today and learn something new.
Want to learn more about edX? Visit edX's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.