eero is looking for a highly proficient, hands-on WiFi Test Engineer to own our testing efforts and keep our platform running smoothly. You will help the existing QA team build test cases, validate software releases, and ensure that end users have a great connectivity experience. You'll work closely with development teams, to help discover and debug issues.
As part of eero’s mission to reinvent WiFi, you’ll be making a difference in the fabric of the modern home.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop test plans for eero's whole home WiFi products
- Define, implement WiFi test cases and support automation
- Develop ad hoc tests to support engineering debug
- Drive decisions about testing improvements
- Execute WiFi test plans
- Report test results and plan status
- Write detailed bug reports for engineering team
- Support distributed development and QA teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of 802.11, 802.3 and IPv4
- Experience with embedded firmware testing
- Proficient Python and Linux shell scripting skills
- Ability to work independently and within a testing team
- Knowledge of IPv6, roaming, 802.11k, 802.11v and 802.11r
- Experience with RF equipment and tools
- Experience with build systems and REST API development
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t wait any longer. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: never worry about WiFi again. And that’s what we’ve done. eero is easy to setup, blankets your home with WiFi, and intelligently adapts to your home and devices for max performance. But it does not stop there. Imagine if everything from home automation to health monitoring could tap into the connectivity, context, and intelligence provided by an eero system. Not everything has to be smart, as long as it’s connected to something that is.
We also offer competitive benefits like full medical, dental, and vision coverage, on-site lunches, unlimited and flexible PTO, nine weeks of parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, and contribution towards commute and parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t take it anymore. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: make WiFi so great it disappears. And that’s just what we’ve done. eero is simpler, performs better, and is more intelligent than any WiFi solution on earth. For the first time, WiFi is reliable enough to cover every room in the home and allows people to move on with their lives.