The Core OS team develops the critical software platform that brings eero products to life and supports application development. Team members work across the organization, creating APIs, system services, and critical libraries for eero devices. There are opportunities to work in kernel and device driver development or to focus on higher-level software development. The team is small, values open discussion and curiosity, encourages people to challenge and optimize the system, and collaborates with product teams to roll out features to market. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a significant impact on all aspects of the product while working to build a world-class company that embodies great design, attention to detail, technological innovation, and quality.
What you’ll do
- Build out a software platform that runs on the eero devices providing ubiquitous connectivity and compute services
- Implement new product features on eero devices, collaborating with the mesh firmware, mobile applications, and cloud teams
- Design and implement SDKs, APIs, and run-time services to enable development of next generation features
- Keep eeroOS, our Linux-based operating system, modern and running at peak performance
- Enable metric collection and analyze data collected from beta and field testers to make data driven decision on maturity of different feature for release readiness
- Debug challenging system issues reported by internal and external users of eero systems
- Curiosity. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Solid understanding of C/C++, git, the GNU toolchain, and Python
- Experience with Linux kernel or application software development
- The experience to recognize long-range risks and knowing how to mitigate them
- BSCS / BSCE or equivalent.
- Experience with Layer 3 network protocols (Layer 2 experience an added plus)
- Experience in Go programming (Golang)
- Experience creating sandboxed or containerized runtime environments on iOS, Android, or other systems
- Prior experience with developing operating systems running on Linux kernel for consumer products and shipping those products successfully
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t take it anymore. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: make WiFi so great it disappears. And that’s just what we’ve done. eero is simpler, performs better, and is more intelligent than any WiFi solution on earth. For the first time, WiFi is reliable enough to cover every room in the home and allows people to move on with their lives.
Want to learn more about eero? Visit eero's website.
Jobs You May Like
Firmware QA Engineer
Datto, Portland, OR
Embedded Software Engineer
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Java Back-end Engineer
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
IT Help Desk Manager
The Democratic Party , Washington, DC (DNC HQ)
Senior Engineering Manager - Subscriptions
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior Engineer, Ops Manager (EMEA)