The NPI materials manager in Operations is responsible for the material readiness during NPI builds. This cross-functional role, spanning across HW Engineering, Product Engineering, Supply Chain, Sourcing, and Manufacturing Engineering, owns the clear to build for Proto, EV, DV phases. An expert knowledge of purchase orders, component lead-times, logistics implications, and OQC limitations is required as this role also transitions material specification (BOM & sourcing) to mass production.
What you'll do:
- Lead eero’s NPI materials procurement in coordination with eero Sourcing
- Work with Product, PD, and Sourcing to ensure clear part number, revision, and quantity are available according to BOM and build-matrix
- Manage procurement, scheduling, and delivery of supplier components for material readiness during NPI builds
- Drive release schedules for made-to-spec parts requiring tooling (plastic injection molding, stamped metals, special modules, PCB)
- Create Purchase Orders for special order parts or out-of-cycle turnkey components and tooling costs
- Drive daily/weekly calls with suppliers to ensure forward movement of parts and communicate status to cross-functional team.
- Ensure alignment of NPI component costs against MP cost strategy set by Sourcing team
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to align tooling schedule to build schedule
- Own BOM accuracy for sourcing during NPI and work with cross-functional teams to control suppliers, subassembly drawings, datasheets, specifications, CAD, and artwork files in document control
- Develop rapport with partners and detailed knowledge of "how the factory works," its capabilities and limitations
- Support coverage in other products in the region. Travel up-to 2 trips per quarter to Asia to drive issue resolution and/or support build/ramp activities
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ years in consumer electronics industry possessing knowledge of supply chain, materials management, and sourcing
- Expert in component procurement and can manage complex multi-revision parts
- Demonstrated experience in gathering full details while having ability of concise communicate
- BS degree in Supply Chain management or Mechanical Engineering
- Exceptional communication skills via brevity and details
- Understanding of Asia business culture. Mandarin Chinese language is a plus
- Attention to detail without becoming lost in the details
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t take it anymore. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: make WiFi so great it disappears. And that’s just what we’ve done. eero is simpler, performs better, and is more intelligent than any WiFi solution on earth. For the first time, WiFi is reliable enough to cover every room in the home and allows people to move on with their lives.