What you'll do:
- Build services that handle billions of requests each day from eero devices, mobile apps, and internal tools
- Collaborate with peers across engineering, product, and design to shape our product vision and build exciting end user features
- Enhance and optimize existing services to improve reliability, scalability, and flexibility
- Provide mentorship to other cloud engineers and help change development processes to increase developer productivity and project predictability.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject. Or if you’ve built amazing software despite such a degree by learning on the job or on your own, we’d love to hear about that.
- Are skilled and experienced in developing backend servers that solve significant technical challenges: scalability, latency, reliability, extensibility, or something else you’re proud of.
- Understand the full software development lifecycle, and how to find a balance between process and expediency.
- Know how to make the developers around you better through mentorship, knowledge sharing, tool building, code and design reviews, or simply modeling solid engineering practices.
- Think Scala is really cool
- Are eager to learn about the general scaling and server development landscape
eero is the gold standard for consumer WiFi and continues to build experiences that leverage connectivity to elevate life at home. We all believe deeply in what we’re doing, and, as importantly, enjoy doing it together.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t take it anymore. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: make WiFi so great it disappears. And that’s just what we’ve done. eero is simpler, performs better, and is more intelligent than any WiFi solution on earth. For the first time, WiFi is reliable enough to cover every room in the home and allows people to move on with their lives.