We are looking for a rockstar Senior Accountant to join our Finance team and help us as we continue to grow and scale! At eero, we believe in developing accountants that can do it all. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience with all aspects of operational accounting for both product sales and software services. The ideal candidate is a jack-of-all-trades accountant ready to hit the ground running as our team tackles expansion into new markets, channels, and future product releases.
As a Finance team member, you will have broad exposure to various functions at eero, including Sales, Business Operations, and our hardware and software engineering and development teams, and will also work closely with external business partners. The ideal candidate for this position will have a solid understanding of GAAP, communication skills, a self-starter, and have the ability to partner effectively across business functions.
What you’ll do:
Drive financial discipline by tracking actual spend versus budget and providing timely monthly internal reporting to cross-functional teams
- Monitor internal purchase orders to support budgeting, cash management functions, and month-end close accrual process
- Own the accounts payable process including vendor relationship management, vendor set-up, and invoicing
- Manage daily order-to-cash operations (i.e. invoicing, statement of account reconciliation, and receivables aging analysis) for all revenue channels by working closely with our Sales team and retail partners
- Daily cash account management, including reconciling cash receipts, disbursements, chargebacks, and bank and merchant fees
- Manage our contract manufacturers, including maintaining a record of invoice status, preparation and reconciliation of our statement of account, scheduling wires based on rolling weekly due dates and communicating directly with contract manufacturer accounting regarding disputes, short payments, etc.
- Analyze excess and obsolescence charges and standard cost variances including both finished goods and freight in/out standard cost variances ensuring accurate calculation and reporting of cost of goods sold
- Own accounting for our capital and intangible assets, including recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposal of fixed assets
- Develop exceptions management procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting of accounts payable, accrued expenses, and operating expenses
- Perform vendor-spend analysis to accurately manage expenses, and to ensure completeness in our expense reporting
- Plan day-to-day cost accounting operations and work closely with cross functional teams to design policy and develop/maintain processes,
- Provide data and analytics support to the Strategic Finance team as needed
- Assist our Business Operations team with ad-hoc projects with various teams to refine processes as eero continues to grow
- Assist in special projects, as needed, including the adoption of ASC 606
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant field of study
- Minimum one-year experience in an accounting and / or analytical finance role
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent written and verbal skills, excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper-growth environment
- Strong desire to continuously learn and improve with a positive, "can-do" approach
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, Bill.com, and/or Stripe
- Ability to define and implement internal controls and/or best practices
- CPA certification a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At eero we believe the foundation of home technology has been broken for far too long. After years of slowly waving laptops around in hopes of a better signal, we couldn’t take it anymore. So in 2014, we assembled a team of the brightest engineers and designers with a singular goal: make WiFi so great it disappears. And that’s just what we’ve done. eero is simpler, performs better, and is more intelligent than any WiFi solution on earth. For the first time, WiFi is reliable enough to cover every room in the home and allows people to move on with their lives.
Want to learn more about eero? Visit eero's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Commercial Financial Planning & Analysis
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Payroll Lead, APAC & ME
Accounts Receivable and Billing Specialist
Vox Media, Washington, DC
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA