Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our Security Engineering Productivity team. You will be working with a team of amazing engineers that lead the gamut of Software Testers to Infrastructure Wizards. Engineers applying for this role are themselves developers who can use the Elastic stack and Elastic Cloud platform and are passionate about Quality Automation as well as creating usable tools, frameworks, and solutions that improve developer productivity. We are strong believers in test automation, framework design and continuous delivery. Engineering Productivity engineers empower development teams to author stable and reliable code faster.
What you will be doing
- First and foremost, be a champion of quality across multiple dev teams. This includes getting developers engaged in the quality process, attending team meetings (planning, retrospectives, etc.), coordinating test case development and testing between devs and our manual testing team, carrying out sophisticated testing scenarios, mentoring developers in quality and automation practices, and expanding Elastic's culture of Developers Test Their Own Work.
- Prevent bugs even when a line of code has not been yet written, working closely with the development team and partners to define new functionalities and behavior.
- Work closely with developers to identify the root cause of issues.
- Champion automation efforts to eliminate human toil in deployment and release testing.
- Help build out and maintain automation frameworks.
- Help development teams to lead their bug backlog.
- Enable shift-left thinking through continuous integration and delivery.
- Use the Elastic Stack for testing and introspection of Elastic Cloud.
- Collaborate across functions and mentor other specialists on a quality mentality.
What you will bring along
- You believe that a diverse company is a better company, and want to work with people all over the world.
- Software engineering background with prior experience working as a developer, QA automation engineer, or software engineer passionate about developer productivity.
- At least 10+ years of hands-on experience with UI automated testing tools. Experience with Cypress is a plus.
- Understanding of automation best practices.
- Understanding of different types of testing and test design techniques.
- Knowledge of CI tools (Jenkins, Buildkite…)
- Team player with a high focus on quality and an analytical approach.
- Passionate about software quality, developer productivity, and release processes.
- Excellent communication abilities.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.