Elastic, Distributed Global
Solving World Data Problems
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We believe that engineering complex, pluggable software for the web that is built to last the test of time is both tricky and exciting. Doing so requires a team of diverse individuals, with sharp minds and the ability to empathize with our users, working together with mutual respect and a common mission.
We care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you're working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible throughout our organization. At Elastic, hierarchy does not determine how decisions get made. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on anything, regardless of their role within the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Innovate, lead and contribute to UIs for turnkey solutions built on top of Kibana platform
- Answer community questions.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
What You Bring Along:
- 5+ years of front end development work.
- Experience with Typescript is a big plus.
- Experience with Node is a big plus.
- Must have experience with one modern MVC style JS Framework (preferrably React).
- Must have excellent understanding of UX/UI design principles.
- Experience with monitoring systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Knowledge and experience with Elasticsearch or Kibana is a plus.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.