At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for an experienced Global Benefits Manager based in Europe who will help us ensure we continue to support Elastic's globally distributed employee base and their families with competitive and regionally focused benefits.
What You Will Be Doing:
This is a global role with a growing team! You will evaluate our current benefits offerings as well as conduct benchmarking and needs assessments to ensure we are providing competitive and valuable benefits to our employees globally. You will lead the design and be responsible for the administration of health care coverage plans across EMEA and Asia-Pacific/Japan. In addition, you will partner with our VP, Global Compensation and our US benefits broker on our US benefits strategy.
In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with various benefits brokers globally, research and recommend benefits and wellness initiatives by understanding employee needs/wants as well as benchmarking regionally
- Conduct benefits briefings with local broker/HR partners where applicable
- Make sure we are current and compliant with local legal requirements
- Work closely with HR Generalists who support the regions to administer healthcare plans and evaluate fringe benefits, continuously identifying areas to improve and partner with them to drive the benefits communication strategy
- Provide metrics/dashboards on usage and activity for decision-making
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefits programs and policies
- Assesses benefit processes/policies and recommend changes to streamline and update current practices
- Build and develop relationships with our vendor and local benefit broker partners
- Lead and provide advice with the customization of Benefits on Workday, and other related systems
What You Bring Along:
You thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, are data driven and technically savvy and have a real passion for bringing people insights to the business, and you know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.
You also have:
- 8+ years of progressive experience in a global benefits role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong background knowledge in benefits administration
- Excellent project management, written and communication skills
- Energetic and ambitious
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong initiative and proven discernment abilities/skills
- Ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures
- Ability to travel as needed
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.