At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
What You Bring Along:
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- BS, or MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- Experience working in a U.S. Federal/SLED environment
- Active U.S. Federal security clearance
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Product Management Practice
Monzo, London, UK
Internship Influencer Marketing
Platform Engineer, Core Services
Global Alliance Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
Senior Software Engineer: Web (Los Angeles, CA)
Oscar, Los Angeles, CA