Global Sales Planning Manager
Elastic, Mountain View, CA, San Francisco, CA
Solving World Data Problems
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats - we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 37 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
To support our continued growth, we’re looking for a Global Sales Planning leader for our Global Sales Strategy and Operations team. You will report directly into the VP Sales Strategy and Operations and be responsible for driving, managing, and executing the global sales planning process across the entire Field Operations organization in conjunction with the GTM Tech & Ops, Global Sales Strategy, Pricing Strategy & Ops, Sales Incentives and Analytics, Marketing, and Finance teams. This is a highly cross functional role.
You thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, are data driven and have a real passion for optimizing process and structure. You balance critical, long term thinking about how we scale the business with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. You love executing processes and teams. You also love rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done. Motivated by the results we deliver, we use all team members to execute efficiently and effectively. We’re seeking people with strong analytical and process skills, comfortable engaging with C-suite execs, effective at collaborating with multiple teams and building positive relationships with business partners.
What you will be doing:
- You will own the company’s sales capacity model and partner closely with Finance to develop the company’s bookings, revenue, and GTM resourcing plan.
- You will be responsible for the Field Operations headcount plan, determine how we prioritize and allocate resources across various GTM functions, lead headcount trade-offs throughout the year, and deliver weekly headcount and capacity forecasts.
- Craft a semi-annual planning calendar with input across the entire Sales Ops team and lead weekly progress across all the different planning tracks. Ensure we meet each achievement and deliverable with a comprehensive understanding of the interdependencies of the various stages of the planning process. Be able to effectively communicate status and risks to the plan with options to get us back on track.
- You will support various ad hoc analysis to assess and formulate an evolving GTM strategy which may include a segmentation analysis, coverage and territory assessment, headcount ratios, rep productivity, and customer retention / expansion.
- Executive presentations around how the plan was developed, rationale of underlying assumptions, and identified risk / upside levers.
- Support additional ad hoc presentations including fiscal year to date performance reviews, rep performance reviews, regional QBRs, etc.
- Capture non-headcount related budget requests across the entire Field Ops organization and partner closely with Finance to ensure budget assumptions are complete and comprehensive.
What you bring along:
- BS/BA required, MBA a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations, Strategy, Sales FP&A, Management Consulting, or similar field in SaaS organizations with strong exposure to go-to-market strategy.
- Experience with the overall sales planning process or an end to end owner of a particular aspect of the sales planning process.
- Understanding of rep productivity, new hire ramps, and resource planning with strong project management experience.
- Experience forecasting bookings, rep attainment, and generally building complex and dynamic models for scenario planning.
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Very strong executive presence and engagement skills.
- Highly collaborative style with strong influencing skills and the ability to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform
- Power user proficiency with the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint).
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- 401k plan
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 23 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.