At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have deep passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. As Director of Strategic Sourcing you will establish a sourcing function in Elastic. You thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, taking a global view, being data driven and have a passion for optimizing process and structure. You balance critical, long-term thinking about how we scale the function with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. We’re looking for people with strong influencing and customer service skills who are effective collaborating with multiple teams and building strong relationships with stakeholders.
This role will be responsible building out the framework to deliver sourcing consistency, managing risk, optimizing internal processes and realizing savings. You will lead all sourcing activities associated with assigned suppliers and spend categories, including supplier strategy development and coordination of activities to ensure that cost and value-added requirements are met.
- Establish global strategic sourcing function. Initial focus will be on setting up sourcing policies and procedures as an enabling function for the business.
- Partner with stakeholders to formulate a sourcing strategy for key categories/areas of spend. Identify opportunities for cost savings, better business terms and improved contract coverage.
- Lead or engage in contract negotiation, partnering with business, legal and data security teams.
- Proactively monitor and evaluate opportunities for strategic sourcing, provide analysis and communicate appropriately to stakeholders.
- Drive targeted savings in defined areas. Track and report savings in accordance with an established savings reporting methodology.
- Coordinate and partner with suppliers and internal stakeholders to deliver best practice strategies and communications.
- Foster communication and teamwork across organizational boundaries.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master Degree or equivalent plus 10 to 15 years relevant experience working in Sourcing.
- Strong communication, relationship building, influencing, persuasion, presentation, conflict resolution and business analysis skills.
- Possess high integrity combined with good business acumen, with the ability to identify, recommend and select the best overall solution.
- Strong ability to develop and manage relationships with key business partners and suppliers.
- Leading and influencing sourcing projects within and across categories, and with internal business partners. Ability to articulate/present well and facilitate decision-making.
- Be knowledgeable on Sourcing processes, indirect spend and tools
- This is a global position and will require travel.
- Be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude. Must be willing to work on one’s own initiative and must be focused on achieving goals.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Audit Intern - Hamilton - Nov 2018 - Feb 2019
KPMG New Zealand, Hamilton
Production Accounting Lead
Vox Media, New York
Regional Services Director, ANZ
MuleSoft, Sydney, Melbourne
Clearance Coordinator, Content & Brand Intellectual Property
Netflix, New York, New York
TALA, Santa Monica
Sales Training and Enablement
Qualtrics , Dallas