At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Do you have prior software engineering experience and can you help overcome technical challenges for your customers?
We're scaling our Sales Engineering team and looking for great people to be technical liaisons for our Sales team. You will be helping us knock down the technical barriers to adoption of the Elastic stack and presenting our technology to help solve customers critical business issues.
- Supporting the technical needs of customers and resolving technical issues, along with engaging them on any additional issues problems or opportunities regarding the Elastic product
- Develop a deep understanding of the Elastic product and technology and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team with sales prospects in preparing and presenting the Elastic product and technology while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Traveling to clients and potential clients and serving as the key technical interface with customers
- Experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ Years as a Sales Engineer/Solutions Architect
- Understanding of Open Source Technology and knowledge/proficiency in at least one programming language
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed systems architectures
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and/or Analytics domain
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java, and databases
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Twilio, Tallinn, Estonia
Site Reliability Engineer, MySQL
Pinterest, San Francisco
Quality Assurance Engineer
Paytm Labs, Noida, Bangalore
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Director of Production Security
Shopify, Montreal, Canada
Back End Software Engineer
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA