We are searching for an experienced team member to provide project management, creative tactics, ideas on industry and market needs and execution as our Sr. Specialist, Customer Advocacy - EMEA. This person will be a key part of our Marketing team and will be a lead contributor to our customer advocacy efforts, across our European, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region. Your area will include Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, as well as the Benelux and Nordics regions. You will report to the Manager of Global Customer Advocacy and help us cultivate and expand strategic relationships with our customer and community advocates across EMEA. You will also drive the production of customer story content highlighting our executive advocates and their respective qualitative business and technical successes.
We are a highly collaborative, grass-roots, and cross-functional company. To thrive, you will have a capacity to quickly learn and understand our sophisticated products and solutions as well as what our customers can do with them. You have direct experience cultivating customer advocates across job levels, with a concentration of technical and business leaders, and capturing their stories in the form of customer case studies, video testimonials, and conference speakers. You have empathy and passion for finding and nurturing advocates to thrive in their company, connect with their peers and build strong relationships with each other and the various teams at Elastic. You have expertise in navigating through a customer organization including top executives and corporate communications teams in order to establish long term relationships as they become more successful with our technology.
What You Will Be Doing:
Developing Advocates for events in EMEA. Sourcing and preparing customer speakers for our conferences and marketing events in EMEA, with a concentration in DACH, Nordics, Benelux, and Italy. Traveling to such events will be a part of the role in order to provide in-person support for our speakers as well as to proactively gather additional stories from attendees and local advocates.
Metrics-based story telling. Working with our business and executive advocates across EMEA to extract and produce stories that describe great business results and outcomes. Whether it’s ROI, MTTR reduction, or simply time and money saved, you will partner with our customers to shine a light on their business successes helping connect them with fellow business buyers across our community.
- Building a broad-base of strategic Customer Advocates and content. Build and implement a regional approach to Customer Advocacy and Reference marketing with our Marketing, Product Marketing, Regional Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Engineering, and Professional Services teams to help craft the next phase of Elastic’s future. You’ll work with people in these other teams to develop and execute on an overall plan to capture local customer content. That content will include customer success stories, guest blogs, video testimonials, webinars, and whatever else we dream up, in their local language.
What you Bring:
- Eight to ten years customer-facing marketing and communications experience in the B2B enterprise software space, preferably in open source, data, search, or analytics
- Experience cultivating customer advocates, including CXO or other business leader-level individuals, and producing customer story, video testimonials, and/or conference speaker content across EMEA.
- Ability to succinctly summarize the business success metrics of a customer story in order to enable the field and other teams to better use our content.
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to translate company and product direction into effective customer communications, project deliverables and plans
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, distributed and dynamic environment
- Good understanding of customer advocacy, customer experience, content analytics, demand generation, social marketing, and customer journey
- Demonstrated success in a similar role and a fantastic track record of building a diverse base of customer advocates across all job levels and industry verticals
- Experience working with software customers in a variety of industries such as financial services, government, telecommunications, healthcare, technology, automotive, manufacturing, retail, and more
- Familiarity with technology tools that support customer marketing programs and processes
- Familiarity with sales methodologies and approaches
- A savvy, respectful, communicative professional who has a passion for cultivating cross-functional partnerships
- Comfort doing data-enhanced analysis, including what content and stories you prioritize capturing and sharing with team management
- Attention to detail while exhibiting great creative and critical thinking and crystal clear communication skills
- Bi-lingual in English and either French, German, Polish, or Russian. Spanish and/or Italian. Fluency would be a huge bonus!
- Efficiency and expediency under pressure while keeping a friendly and open demeanor. You’re resilient!
If you have a passion for our particular business (Search!) and love the community-driven aspect of our company, our customers and employees we’ll get along well. If you know a lot about data platforms, customer reference/advocacy tools and software systems, content analytics, and business value selling we’ll jump for joy. Make sure to tell us about that in your cover letter.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Option to work 100% remotely or from any office
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
How to Apply:
Send us your resume and provide a cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you’re interested in Elastic and this role. In the cover letter also include a sentence or two about what you think of Our Source Code. Be prepared that before the hiring manager interview we will ask for samples of customer stories you’ve produced.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the globe/region and we will consider candidates that are not residing in the locations listed below.
Target locations: EMEA - Distributed
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.