At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 time zones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Our Finance team is seeking an Accounting Manager to share responsibilities with established General Ledger (GL) accounting leadership in the delivery of timely, accurate closings. Working with the guidance of our Senior Accounting Manager and other Finance Leaders, you will play an influential part in developing internal accounting controls and creating accounting practices and policies while helping to build and train a strong general ledger team. You will be instrumental in the review and preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial tasks to close the GL timely. In collaboration with international peers, you will impact the success of the day-to-day financial operations worldwide. Ours is a fast growing, truly globally distributed company. We are eager to build efficiency and drive automation across the accounting function and we will look to you for leadership in these endeavors.
You will work together with a broad range of groups: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Financial Reporting, FP&A, Revenue Accounting, Tax, Internal Audit as well as external auditors and consultants.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure the accurate reporting of GL accounting in the company’s accounting system, including reviewing or preparing journal entries and account reconciliations and performing or reviewing internal controls
- Coordinating the GL accounting team’s monthly close responsibilities to ensure timely close and overseeing/coordinating special projects to team members
- Participate in designing and proposing GL accounting policies and process narratives
- Propose process improvements and internal controls and implement solutions
- Research and recommend accounting treatment of transactions
- Collaborate with other departments in order to record monthly transactions timely
- Participate in preparing supplying documentation for the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, internal audit SOX control requests, other accounting team data requests, and executive management special projects
- Interact with numerous groups within the company to provide accounting guidance on transactions
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed
- Develop our team’s analytical skill sets and accounting knowledge
- Mentor team members to be successful and efficient/effective at their daily tasks/monthly responsibilities
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; CPA required
- Previous experience working for a publicly traded company is a firm requirement, as is strong knowledge of financial and operational reporting and US GAAP
- Background in international subsidiaries and foreign currency
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role with 3+ years supervising accounting teams
- Strong communication and mentor skill sets
- Enjoy building policies and developing processes and key controls
- Ability to assist in research and resolve technical accounting issues and reporting matters and implement in the organization
- Ability to work both independently and as a great teammate in a dynamic environment
- NetSuite experience and intermediate to advanced Excel skills are desired, as is experience in a high-growth technology company
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.