At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is building out our Elastic Cloud Team focusing on Elastic as a Service. This is a great opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
Job Duties and Requirements
- Develop software for our distributed systems and ES as a Service offerings.
- Have familiarity with failures and complications related to a cloud offering
- Help build the Found offering and work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product and Engineering Team
- Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across multiple clusters
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of object-oriented development with at least one of: Scala, Python, Java, C++, or similar
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, OpenStack, or AWS
- Extensive experience designing solutions for the server side of scalable cloud software applications and platforms
- Proven ability to architect a highly distributed cloud system
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Nice to have- experience using or developing with Zookeeper, Paxos, or Raft
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mechanical Engineer, Prototyping Lead/Manager
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Discord, 444 De Haro St
SAP MM/SRM Specialist
SF Motors, Santa Clara, CA
Full Stack Growth Engineer
HealthTap, Palo Alto
Application Security Engineer - SF
Looker, San Francisco Bay Area