At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is building out our Elastic Cloud Team focusing on Elastic as a Service. This is a great opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
What you will be doing as a Cloud Engineer, Zookeeper Expert
- Develop software for our distributed systems and Elastic Stack as a Service offerings
- Scale and improve our infrastructure that uses Zookeeper as a data store.
- Be involved in debugging Zookeeper operational issues by working closely with our SRE team
- Lead the design and implementation of our next generation of cloud storage service.
- Thrive on your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking, etc.)
- Be an awesome person to work with
What you will bring along
- Operational experience in managing or debugging Apache Zookeeper in production
- Have built and scaled applications using Zookeeper as a distributed backend store
- Familiarity with technologies such as etcd, Consul etc is a big plus
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of object-oriented development with at least one of: Scala, Python, Java, C++, or similar
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, and Cloud hosting environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software QA Tester
TCGplayer, Atlanta, GA
Software Engineering Development Program
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Solutions Engineer - Public Sector
Cloudflare, Washington D.C.
Technical Test Lead
ESC, Birmingham City Centre
Senior Web Developer
Director of Software Engineering - Customer Lifecycle