Senior Product Manager, Monitoring and Management
Elastic, Distributed, US or Distributed, Europe
Solving World Data Problems
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to focus on the management and monitoring features of the Elastic Stack. The Elastic Stack is a sophisticated, distributed platform for collecting, enriching, and analyzing data, and with over 120m downloads and it is powering mission-critical use-cases for startups and the Fortune 500 alike. Understanding and proactively monitoring the health and performance of the Stack is critical to the success of our customers, while centralized management makes it easier to deploy, tune, and scale production workloads. If you are passionate about managing and monitoring distributed systems and making a real difference in the lives of admins, this job is for you!
- Gather requirements from users, customers, sales, support, and internal stakeholders
- Develop use-cases and product requirements, working closely with engineering
- Work with Product Management team and engineering leads to coordinate and drive roadmap, requirements, positioning, field enablement
- Work with sales, marketing, and support teams to measure product KPIs and drive process improvements and product roadmap
- Support product marketing to create customer focused messaging and content
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in development, DevOps, Solutions Architecture, or pre-sales engineering (mandatory)
- Deep knowledge of monitoring or management features for distributed systems (mandatory)
- 2+ years in product management
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack and/or knowledge of at least one of the common use-cases
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with Open Source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience with search, logging, and analytics products in the big data ecosystem (Elasticsearch, Solr, Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka, etc)
- Experience working in a distributed organization
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages (California office)
- Passionate people building great products
Target locations: Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; London, UK
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.