Sr. HR Business Partner, Global Field Operations
Elastic, Mountain View, CA
Solving World Data Problems
With consulting engineers, solution architects and sales leaders distributed across 30+ countries, our Field Operations team brings incredible diversity to the work that they do every day. You are an experienced HR partner with a thirst for learning and curiosity to learn new technologies in support of this talented globally distributed cast of characters.
You will work closely with our leaders to solve business challenges through people solutions, collaborating across boundaries and geographies and thinking differently about how we approach work and teams. Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in? This will require you to think big, use data to drive strategy, challenge convention, and in some cases to reinvent how work is done (we have a LOT of time zones).
Partnering closely with the VP of Global HR and the business, you will lead and influence all HR-related issues across our Field Operations Function (Sales, Sales Ops & Strategy, Professional Services, Sales Engineering), including employee relations, compensation management, organizational planning, and employee engagement. As a team, we will:
- Provide insightful data to guide decision-making
- Drive business results and engagement metrics
- Lead functional and company-wide initiatives (e.g. performance feedback, manager development)
- Influence organizational change
You thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view and have a passion for bringing people insights to the business. You know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.
- Assist with the roll out of new initiatives and projects including compensation strategy, performance management, talent management, and career development
- Partner with leaders on performance management and compensation processes
- Assisting with other projects such as diversity, employee engagement and recognition programs
- Provide management coaching and training where needed to front line managers and senior leaders
- Use analytical capabilities to influence business partners with data-driven recommendations
- Partner with the business and HR leadership to influence Organizational Design
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or MBA a plus
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching with a Sales or Field Operations group
- Experience working in a global organization, some experience with a start-up environment preferred
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; real passion for problem solving
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Luxury Retreats - Recruteur/Recruiter
Airbnb, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Human Resource Coordinator
GOAL Syria, Ankara, Turkey
Senior Sales Recruiter
Qualtrics , Provo
Samsara, San Francisco
Software Development Learning Facilitator
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria
Talent Enablement Specialist
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA