Sales Development Representative
Elastic, Mountain View, CA; San Francisco, CA
Solving World Data Problems
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is expanding its Sales Development team to support the explosive adoption of our offerings. Companies like Netflix, Lyft, Facebook, The New York Times, and Tinder (yeah, that Tinder) are looking to Elastic to help solve their big data problems. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by proactively identifying, nurturing, and creating new opportunities. Unlike most Sales Development organizations, we care about the quality of the interactions you have with our users more than the quantity of calls you make in a day. At Elastic, you will work with current users to understand their use case and help them navigate their Elastic journey.
You will develop and foster a wide range of technical, analytical, and sales skills that will lay the foundation for your future. Our goal is to set you up for success as an SDR while providing opportunities for you to grow and advance your career at Elastic.
What You Will Be Doing:
As an SDR organization we spend most of our time working to help Elastic users make the most of our offerings. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and our partner team to develop new strategies to build our sales pipeline and grow our business.
- Balance the reactive work of responding to interested users with a creative and proactive approach to identify new opportunities.
- Use Salesforce, Marketo, LinkedIn, and other prospecting tools to research accounts, identify key contacts and craft targeted messaging.
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value proposition with a technical audience. Work to understand their goals and challenges to better understand how we can help.
What You Bring To The Table:
There isn’t a cookie-cutter mold for who we hire, but there are some common qualities each member of our high-performing team possesses:
- Open to feedback and constantly looking for ways to improve
- Genuinely curious with a desire to ask questions and learn new things
- Able to learn and grasp complex technical concepts. Don’t worry, we’ll give you a lot of resources!
- Creative, self disciplined and passionate about what they do
- Driven to succeed while always looking to help make your teammates better
- Wanting to be a part of something bigger than themselves
What We’re Offering:
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.