We have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Kibana is the Window into the Elastic Stack
Kibana lets users visualize their Elasticsearch data and navigate the Elastic Stack, so they can do anything from learning why they’re getting paged at 2:00 a.m. to understanding the impact rain might have on their quarterly numbers. Kibana gives users the freedom to select the way they give shape to their data. And they don’t always have to know what they’re looking for. With its interactive visualizations, users start with one question and see where it leads them. Kibana core ships with the classics: histograms, line graphs, pie charts, sunbursts, and more. They demonstrate the full aggregation capabilities of Elasticsearch.
Kibana Canvas is a new data presentation, manipulation and communication application on top of Elasticsearch. Canvas is wildly flexible, enticingly extensible and plain fun to use. It’s as beautiful as you make it and we want YOU to help make it more flexible, more beautiful and more fun.
Are you a top Product Designer who want to add to Kibana Canvas? We want to meet you.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
What You'll be Doing:
- Provide product designs, prototypes and UX flows for the Kibana / UI team.
- Maintain our Sketch library and keep parity once your designs are coded.
- Provide design recommendations and support through code review for a large team.
- Provide iconography and illustration work as needed in your designs.
What You've Done:
- 5+ years of design experience working on complicated web applications or SaaS products.
- Experience with Sketch, specifically in the context of developing a design system.
- Facility with thinking in terms of systems, marked by an ability to make design decisions that scale and result in reusable patterns, palettes, and components.
- Considers how low-level design decisions affect the big picture and the future evolution of the UX.
- A positive attitude and a matching commitment to innovate
- The ability to code your designs in HTML and Sass or a similar preprocessor.
- General terminal and git/GitHub skills.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- Some understanding of Dev ops, business analytics or security mindsets and needs.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Pivotal, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Deeply competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, some even fly south for the winter :)
Target Locations: Amsterdam
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Community Membership
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior UX Writer
Squarespace, New York
Kobalt Music Group, London
Product & Sales Internship for South America (German Market)
Ventura TRAVEL, Berlin
Senior Product Manager, International Markets
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Associate Product Manager
Pocket Gems, Core Games