Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 300 employees in 27 countries around the world.
You are a software engineer who loves education. In this role you will help our team of education engineers create new education materials for classroom and online training. You will also help maintain existing courseware and create software tools for interactive learning. You will have direct influence on helping us grow and expand our education program by creating new courses for in-person and on-demand as well as helping build a certification program. The education materials you help build will be used by thousands of people every year!
The right candidate is happy working on your own initiative, and does not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live. Our main offices in the United States are in Mountain View, California; New York, New York; and Phoenix, Arizona. Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic!
- Keep existing Elastic Stack courseware up-to-date with the fast changing features of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats
- Use feedback and survey data from students and education engineers to create new courses and improve existing courses both for in-person and on-demand education
- Work with the engineering team, education team and subject matter experts to improve existing courses and to create new learning objectives
- Create scripts, programs, and other similar technical artifacts that will assist the students in their learning environment and labs for courses.
- Keep up to date with changes and advancements in the Elastic Stack and other similar technologies by following GitHub and other communications while in a parallel getting your hands dirty playing and experimenting with the software and code.
- Work closely with education engineers to resolve issues with courseware discovered in the field.
Preferred skills and experience:
- A minimum of 4 years experience working as an engineer, developer, or integrator in information retrieval or related technologies
- A minimum of 2 years experience building and developing curriculum, ideally supporting a global team
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- A capacity to learn new things quickly and express your knowledge in a meaningful way
- Strong knowledge of a programming language (and related ecosystem and libraries) and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with search, databases and distributed systems
- A desire to learn as much as possible about the internals and use cases of the Elastic Stack
- Strong communication skills while multitasking at a rapid pace
- Excited to work with a highly distributed team and collaborative environment
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation a plus
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 27 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Target locations: London, United Kingdom
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Technical Recruiter (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Okta, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
HR Assistant - 6 Month FTC
Time Inc., London
Recruiting Operations Lead
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Recruiter
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Director, Talent Acquisition
Addepar, New York, NY
Driver Training Counselor
Stevens Transport, Dallas, TX