Role: Business Development and Channel Manager
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Department: Business Development
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real-time Twitter feeds, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites 500+ employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a highly motivated BD & Channel Manager to join our Business Development organization to cover partners in the Japan. This role is responsible for supporting Elastic’s efforts to build an elite ecosystem of partners who are highly strategic to the company’s long-term goals.
The BD & Channel Manager will recruit, enable, and support a network of partners in order to drive partner sourced, influenced, and fulfilled revenue. We want energetic, innovative, and results-oriented partner leaders.
Location – Tokyo, Japan
- Identify, recruit, enable and manage partners (Regional SIs, VARs, referral partners, consulting firms) to support business goals and to execute partner sales strategies specific to each geographic region
- Drive consistent and predictable channel bookings through joint business planning and ongoing channel enablement
- Work closely with our direct sales teams on development, tracking, and reporting goals and objectives, forecasts, key metrics and definitions of success for each partner account
- Negotiate and close channel and partnership contracts
- Create and drive overall channel strategy and prioritization plan for coverage area, including the development of an Elastic Stack practice across priority channel partners
- Energetic, smart, self-directed, and passionate business development and channels professional
- Experience recruiting, enabling, and leading a network of SI and channel partners with direct personal involvement
- Experience building channel networks from the ground up
- Experience negotiating channel agreements and designing channel programs
- Demonstrated success growing the impact of channel results through increased lead growth or bookings growth
- Understanding of analytics, search, or big data markets / products or ability to learn quickly
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor's degree, Masters or MBA is a plus
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company with employees in 27 countries (and counting), spread across 18 time zones, speaking over 30 languages, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Development Manager
Eventbrite, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Financial Sponsors, Business Lead
BlueVine, Redwood City, CA
Front End Developer
Symplicity, Arlington, VA
Partnerships Portfolio Manager
MealPal, New York
Zipline, Internationally deployed