At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Beats platform is the basis for building open source shippers that collect all kinds of operational data, store it in Elasticsearch, and visualize it with Kibana. They collect data from edge servers, and are used to power application monitoring, infrastructure monitoring, and network monitoring. We currently have five official Beats: Filebeat for gathering logs, Packetbeat for network traffic, Metricbeat for metrics, Winlogbeat for Windows event logs, Heartbeat for uptime monitoring, and Auditbeat for audit data. In addition, the open-source community has created over 40 Beats, collecting data from all sorts of sources.
All current Beats are written in Golang.
As part of the Beats team, you will be responsible for maintaining the official Beats, for creating new ones, as well as for supporting the community around Beats. The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on daily basis over Github, Zoom, and Slack.
- Write open source Golang code for maintaining different Beats.
- Dive into new technologies and figure out how to best monitor them.
- Define and create new Beats.
- Work with our support team to help customers.
- Answer community questions.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
Skills you will bring along
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience creating system level software on Unix and/or Windows platforms. Windows programming experience would be great to have.
- Experience in Golang programming is a big plus, but not strictly required. Our team can teach you and get you up to speed.
- Strong experience having worked with C/C++ or other low level programming languages.
- Operational experience with monitoring systems would be very welcome.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Knowledge and experience in Elasticsearch, Logstash, Distributed Systems is a plus.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Target Locations: Amsterdam, the Netherlands; London, United Kingdom; Berlin, Germany; New York City, NY; Seattle, WA.
Please note that we are happy to consider applicants from other locations as well.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Engineering Manager, Web App
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior UI/UX Designer
Pivotal Software, Berlin, Germany
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Developer
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco
Security Engineer, Product
Pinterest, San Francisco
Lead Front-End Engineer
Nurx, San Francisco HQ