Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
UX at Elastic is seeking UX Researchers to help integrate emerging research techniques into our R&D. We will rely on you to listen to the human beings who use Elastic to enrich their organizations and help us better understand how to build what inspires them. If you are after an opportunity to grow as a researcher and teammate, embrace modern SaaS dynamics, and research the development of leading search, security and observability solutions, then we would love to speak with you.
What you will do:
- Join as a foundational member of an emerging, multi-cultural team of UX researchers.
- Help develop and grow modern UX research philosophies and practices across Elastic and measure their success.
- Work with a diverse blend of teams and leads to deeply connect with our community, understand and then amplify their needs to our development teams.
- Collaborate directly with UX designers, product managers and the development team, using a blend of design thinking and UX research findings to iteratively enhance Elastic products.
- Synthesize and present quantitative and qualitative research insights to inform product development.
What you bring along:
- Deep experience within UX research. You have a creative and well established history in applied UX research.
- Experience creating personas, journey maps, writing succinct and actionable finding reports, using research findings to inform design choices and the ability to empathize and anticipate user needs.
- Clear comfort working as part of a team. You know yourself and can navigate all types of processes, systems, environments, personalities and cultures.
- History researching SaaS platforms and customers. You have the skills to direct time-proven, data-rich research practices into the Elastic interfaces of tomorrow.
- Comfort with group speaking and interviewing. You enjoy interfacing with passionate personalities, such as those of our key partners, community members, and internal teams.
- Comfort with the written word. You will scale yourself by writing to an engaged global audience.
- Time in a technical role: UX design, technical writing, quality assurance, data engineering or similar. You will be close to sophisticated data and telemetry pipelines.
- Involvement with design creation, concepting and sketching.
- Experience with data visualization and measurement platforms such as Kibana, displaying and interpreting large datasets and distilling key insights for simple understanding. You’ll have lots of data, and need to show it off.
- Familiarity with remote work and asynchronous team communication practices.
- Demonstrable participation in open source projects or communities.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth
Tech Jobs For You
Employee Experience Enterprise Account Executive - Commercial ...
Qualtrics, Chicago, Illinois, United States