Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for a passionate senior visual designer with agency or in-house design team experience. You have crafted imaginative advertising campaigns, defined design systems, and collaborated with hard-working content owners. You will work closely with Art Directors and our Creative Director to expand and scale our brand for regional markets. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help us build a fun, quirky, and memorable brand
What You Will Be Doing:
- Scale our brand - Develop new ideas with regional teams, events, vendors, and content owners to create campaigns, events, and collateral promoting Elastic for localized markets.
- Evolve our design system and expand our illustration library - From icons, typography, and color palette to illustration and photography, you will know how the pieces come together and why. Enforce design standards, curate asset libraries, and enforce brand integrity.
- Leading projects - Act as an autonomous designer and develop and contribute new ideas that help to evolve our style and grow our brand.
Support internal partners - through clear guidelines, assets, and creative problem-solving. This can include both internal and external initiatives like events, product launches, training, and company culture.
What You Will Bring:
- 8+ years of working as part of design teams at creative agencies or in-house. This is not an entry-level or associate role.
- Illustration! Illustration! Illustration! You have strong illustrative skills. Concept sketches are a must when working with our content team and copywriters. Icons? No problem, you’ve been there and done that.
- Strong portfolio with examples of advertising campaigns, design systems, and web asset creation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions.
- Prior experience working in the technology industry. You enjoy learning about new technologies and are able to collaborate with Product Marketers as well as Product Managers and Engineers.
- Understand business goals, product roadmaps, and user insights to translate into clear design priorities for yourself.
- You have mastered all the usual Adobe tools, such as Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. We also use Figma to design web pages, icons, and ads. Yes, presentation tools like Google slides and Keynote will be used.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across the web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate.
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self-starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing.
- Experience with animation/video production process. Working with writers to develop storyboards.
- What’s your superpower?
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
File hosting service