Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for a dynamic Collections Analyst to join our Finance team! The primary responsibility of the Collections Analyst is to collect payments on outstanding Accounts Receivables. This individual should possess strong time-management and social skills. The ability to be detail oriented and the ability prioritise key tasks will be instrumental to their success here at Elastic.
If you thrive in a role that provides you with a chance to create an impact, remain calm under pressure, and appreciate that, sometimes, a good sense of humour is important, this role may be for you!
What you will be doing:
- Collect on business-to-business accounts in an effort to reduce Accounts Receivable and minimise bad debt expense.
- Contact customers, via email or phone, to secure outstanding balances.
- Perform account reconciliations, as needed, to resolve any account discrepancies.
- Resolve Unapplied and Unidentified Cash Payments to ensure accurate posting to the customer account.
- Work with customers that have delinquent balances to negotiate payment plans.
- Confer with management to determine if additional actions are required for delinquent accounts.
- Process customer credit card payments. Address any credit card declines with the customer.
- Respond to customer inquiries within a 24-48 hour time period.
- Prepare and review weekly collection reports to determine collection strategies to assist management with cash forecasting goals.
- Review progress of Key Performance Indicators with management, with a focus on continued improvement.
What you bring along:
Do you have at least 2 years of professional experience in collections that you'd like to build on and apply to a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment?
Do you receive happiness from interacting with customers and other teams?
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- An Associate’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Good organisational skills with a strong attention to detail. Ability to handle several priorities.
- Strong customer service skills as well as the ability to collaborate with your team members.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with high level of accuracy, both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in SAAS/software industry (preferred, not mandatory).
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and G Suite (preferred, not mandatory).
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
See jobs at Bluecore