Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re looking for Compensation Advisor to help drive our compensation philosophy and programs to support our overall people strategies.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support our Corporate functions with all elements of general compensation including job evaluation & classification within the Elastic job infrastructure
- Create and present comprehensive analysis to assess compensation issues in the business and provide market competitive and business aligned solutions using internal and external benchmark data sources
- Partner and provide thought leadership to HR Business Partners, Recruiting, and line management on the administration of all Elastic compensation programs and policies
- Assist in the planning and management of annual compensation processes and programs (e.g. Annual Compensation Cycle)
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast, report, and/or analyze compensation business outcomes
- Partner with other Global Compensation team members and broader HR team in the design, development and maintenance of various compensation policies and programs
- Evangelize Elastic’s Compensation and Total Rewards Strategy
What You Bring Along:
- A real passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments, the ability to thrive in ambiguity and devote a diversified global view to all you do
- Experience with compensation design and administration
- A dedication to think big, use data to drive strategy, challenge convention, and potentially reinvent how work is done
- A proficiency in optimizing compensation processes and programs with a keen understanding of the balance between structure and flexibility
- The dexterity to balance critical, long term thinking about how we scale and optimize our rapidly growing employee base in tandem with the development and execution of global people strategies
And some of the basics:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of related experience; or 3 years with a Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in compensation analysis, financial analysis, statistical analysis, and/or data modeling is required
- Demonstrable mastery with Excel and Google suite
- Experience working with HR Business Partners or similar in a business facing role to solve compensation challenges.
- Experience working in a hyper-growth, global organization and exposure to compensation programs at scale
- Strategic, analytical, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the details; real passion for problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Help the world share their story