Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Adaptive Workload Protection team provides visibility, instrumentation, and protection for dynamic cloud workloads and infrastructure. Our solution aims to observe and protect our customers’ cloud workloads running in Kubernetes and virtual machines.
A part of the AWP team is the Visualization Team, whose mandate is to enable users better to understand the behaviour of their data in these settings and act upon it by creating functional user interfaces and intuitive workflows. We aim to provide the fastest time to detection and remediation, protecting our customers from exploits within their server infrastructures.
We are looking for an outstanding Software Engineer to join our Elastic Security Solution team. This candidate will be responsible for designing and developing technical solutions related to cloud runtime security on the Adaptive Workload Protection team (AWP).
The right candidate will be empathetic and thoughtful; Matched with their technical abilities in building pixel-perfect, intuitive user interfaces. They will help design and develop user workflows that facilitate the detection and remediation of security vulnerabilities within a system’s infrastructure. They will work alongside UI/UX designers, Product Managers, and our Linux Kernel team to build out Elastic’s *new* Cloud Security Solution.
What You Will Be Doing
At Elastic, we want you to succeed, and we’ll be here to support your journey. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work alongside a team of experienced FullStack Engineers to develop observability and security features within Kibana, Elastic’s frontend product
- Work on Kibana, a popular open-source project, to help people around the world do great things with their data
- Help define the future of runtime protection in Cloud Security while embracing continuously-evolving modern web technologies
- Write comprehensive tests, including unit tests, service-level, HTTP-level, UI component, and browser-level integration tests that provide confidence in the stability and function of Kibana
- Collaborate with other experienced engineers, designers, and other stakeholders both in Elastic and our open source community, as we work together to build clean user interfaces by providing the best UX for our users
What You Bring Along
- TypeScript experience
- Deep understanding of the design, implementation, and consumption of REST APIs
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with git
- Years of experience developing scalable, high performing services and applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience writing automated tests
Nice to Have
- Experience with Node.js
- Record of inheriting existing medium-to-large scale projects
- Experience using or running the Elastic Stack and Kibana
- Experience with data visualizations
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
The Elastic Story We have a simple goal to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots.
Founded in 2012 in Amsterdam by the people behind Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene, Elastic set forth a vision that search can solve a plethora of data problems. The origins of the company start back in 2010, when Shay Banon wrote the first lines of Elasticsearch and open sourced it as a distributed search engine. With the rise of cloud computing and changes in IT infrastructure demanding requirements such as real-time search across infinite amounts of structured and unstructured data, Shay foresaw the need for a new type of software to solve today's real-world data problems. Steven Schuurman, Uri Boness, and Simon Willnauer shared in Shay's vision, joining forces to create the Elastic company we have today. Since then, the creators of Kibana, Logstash, and Beats have joined the Elastic family, rounding out a product portfolio known as the Elastic Stack, which is used by millions of developers around the world. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Want to learn more about Elastic? Visit Elastic's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.