Research Associate, Industry Solutions
Artificial Intelligence - software that can learn from data how to solve business problems - is poised to transform every sector of the economy. To win, organizations need to understand what AI means for their business and access the expertise needed to implement powerful AI solutions faster than their competitors. As one of the world’s leading applied AI companies, Element AI provides large enterprises with the strategic advice, tailored solutions, and deployment expertise required to capture the transformative potential of AI.
Industry Solutions at Element AI
The Industry Solutions team at Element AI works with clients to discover and define the highest impact applications for AI for their business. We act as trusted advisors throughout clients’ journey: from defining an executive vision for AI, to building a long-term roadmap that identifies priority AI use cases and enablers, to articulating specific concepts for valuable, desirable, and feasible AI applications that Element AI’s technical teams deliver.
As a Research Associate, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from deep industry experts, world-class AI researchers, and experienced machine learning engineers and designers. We are a multidisciplinary group with alumni from top tier management, design, and innovation consultancies. Our group is part of an open and entrepreneurial organization where you will have the opportunity to help define the principles, priorities, and trajectory of the most important technology in a generation.
As a rapidly growing company with teams in Montreal, Toronto, Singapore, Seoul, and London we are excited to meet aspiring futurists with a demonstrated track-record of impactful publishing.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Research Associate, your role focuses on using primary and secondary research to analyze the near- and long-term trajectory of industries that are - or will be - transformed through AI. As a key driver of Element AI’s knowledge leadership on the business implications of AI, you will help research and write pieces that explore industry dynamics and other technology trends (such as IoT), that will impact, and be impacted by, the adoption of AI technologies. You will also work closely with other members of the Industry Solutions team on client-facing initiatives, such as industry-level surveys of AI maturity and user research.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Develop insights how AI will change business processes, customer journeys, and value drivers in an industry by synthesizing information across client engagements;
- Support primary user research to teams developing concepts for clients;
- Provide supporting secondary research to teams developing strategies and roadmaps for clients;
- Manage, maintain, and strengthen Element AI’s knowledge assets.
You want to join us because you are passionate about:
- Writing, critical thinking and applying your industry expertise or work experience to new domains
- Understanding and staying ahead of the business implications of a fast-moving technology;
- Thinking, debating, and writing about the future of economic activity;
- Synthesizing and articulating compelling “so-what” insights from primary and secondary research;
- Contributing to Element AI’s knowledge leadership;
We want you to join us because you have:
- Undergraduate degree in social science, foresight, design research, economics, law, political science, or a related domain;
- At least 3 years of work experience excelling in a role requiring in-depth research and writing on complex topics related to technology and business; such as equity research;
- A portfolio of published work that demonstrates your ability to write a compelling vision for what an AI-powered business will look and feel like;
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up – either in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities;
- Excellent organizational skills with efficient time management and the ability to prioritize work effectively;
- Demonstrated interest in technology and AI.
We want you to join us because you are:
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment;
- Excited to develop insightful perspectives about future in fast-changing areas;
- Comfortable navigating and creating clarity in ambiguous environments;
- Able to engage and communicate effectively with the public;
- Able to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams that include researchers, engineers, and designers.
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team;
- Open and inclusive company culture;
- Worldwide competitive salary;
- Participation in the company success through the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Participation in company employee benefits program;
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours);
- Autonomous, self-managed Agile teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Element AI
Element AI is an artificial intelligence solutions provider that gives organizations unparalleled access to cutting-edge technology. Co-founded in 2016 by established entrepreneur Jean-François Gagné and leading AI researcher Yoshua Bengio in the deep learning hub of Montreal, we’re pioneering an AI-First world by turning the world’s most important AI research into transformative business applications. As authorities in artificial intelligence with deep domain expertise and access to cutting-edge technology, our products and services address all the AI needs of an organization — from strategic roadmapping and ready-to-deploy applications, all the way to implementation of transformative business solutions through our AI as a Service (AIaaS) platform. With a renowned faculty fellow network, the largest privately-owned Canadian artificial intelligence R&D lab, as well as a growing network of specialized business partners, we’re the ideal team to take on your organization’s AI challenges.
Want to learn more about Element AI? Visit Element AI's website.
Jobs You May Like
Creative Account Strategist
Teads, San Francisco, CA
Director of Sales, East Coast
Wizeline, New York, USA
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Sydney
Senior Account Executive: Los Angeles
Place Showroom, Downtown, Los Angeles
Account Manager, Mid-Market & Enterprise
Intercom, San Francisco, CA
ZenProspect, San Francisco