The research scientists are working under the leadership of the Chief Science Officer to promote the role of fundamental research to advance AI, and ensure that Element AI has access and contributes to the best science.
Element AI wants to carry out fundamental research that advances the state-of-the-art in AI, unfettered by short-term product or client deliverables.
Researchers have the responsibility to set their own research agendas and are expected to collaborate with their colleagues and the global AI community. It is our philosophy that interaction between Element AI and the research community is a key differentiating factor for the company (non-predatory model, i.e. aiming at collaboration without constraints), therefore we encourage our researchers to publish and develop open solutions.
Our research agenda covers many subjects and, based on your interests and our needs, you could explore generative models, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, constraint programming or a variety of other topics.. You will collaborate closely both with software developers and with scientists. In particular, you'll get the opportunity to interact closely with world-class academics from our Faculty Fellowship program, such as Aaron Courville, Christopher Pal, Simon Lacoste-Julien and Liam Paull. These collaborations will often lead to publications in the most important journals and conferences.
You want to join us because you are passionate about:
- Fundamental research in machine learning
- Publishing in the best journals and conferences
- Building strong collaborative relationship with scientists and software developers
- Contributing to the success of a dynamic, brilliant and fast growing start up
- Staying up-to-date on the scientific literature in your field
We want you to join us because you have: (Preferred qualifications)
- A getting-things-done mindset with a desire to push the boundary of fundamental knowledge
- A Ph.D in machine learning, computer science, artificial intelligence or a related quantitative field
- Experience and mastery with libraries relevant to your field for example: Theano, TensorFlow, NumPy, R, Pytorch etc.
- Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences (such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.).
- An open mind and a desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem
- Desire to work in a diversified team
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, intrapreneurial team
- Open and inclusive company culture
- Worldwide competitive salary
- Participation in the company success through the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Participation in company employee benefits program
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Autonomous, self-managed Agile teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Element AI
Element AI is an artificial intelligence solutions provider that gives organizations unparalleled access to cutting-edge technology. Co-founded in 2016 by established entrepreneur Jean-François Gagné and leading AI researcher Yoshua Bengio in the deep learning hub of Montreal, we’re pioneering an AI-First world by turning the world’s most important AI research into transformative business applications. As authorities in artificial intelligence with deep domain expertise and access to cutting-edge technology, our products and services address all the AI needs of an organization — from strategic roadmapping and ready-to-deploy applications, all the way to implementation of transformative business solutions through our AI as a Service (AIaaS) platform. With a renowned faculty fellow network, the largest privately-owned Canadian artificial intelligence R&D lab, as well as a growing network of specialized business partners, we’re the ideal team to take on your organization’s AI challenges.