Manager, Industry Solutions
Artificial Intelligence - software that can learn from data how to solve business problems - is poised to transform every sector of the economy. To win, organizations need to understand what AI means for their business and access the expertise needed to implement powerful AI solutions faster than their competitors. As one of the world’s leading applied AI companies, Element AI provides large enterprises with the strategic advice, tailored solutions, and deployment expertise required to capture the transformative potential of AI.
Industry Solutions at Element AI
The Industry Solutions team at Element AI works with clients to discover and define the highest impact applications for AI for their business. We act as trusted advisors throughout clients’ journey: from defining an executive vision for AI, to building a long-term roadmap that identifies priority AI use cases and enablers, to articulating specific concepts for valuable, desirable, and feasible AI applications that Element AI’s technical teams deliver.
As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to learn from and lead deep industry experts, world-class AI researchers, and experienced machine learning engineers and designers. We are a multidisciplinary group with alumni from top tier management, design, and innovation consultancies. Our group is part of an open and entrepreneurial organization where you will be expected to help define the principles, priorities, and trajectory of the most important technology in a generation.
As a rapidly growing company with teams in Montreal and Toronto, we are excited to meet top-performers with a demonstrated track-record of leadership and extraordinary achievement. We expect candidates to have a rare combination of business and technical savvy, process management skills so deep they have become instincts, and a passion for AI.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Manager, you will drive the end-to-end process for multi-disciplinary teams tasked with helping clients define their AI vision, roadmap, and concepts. You will be responsible for ensuring teams deliver distinctively insightful and actionable recommendations to clients, and for creating continuity across the phases of an AI transformation. You will be a critical interface and a conduit for ideas between Industry Solutions and other groups within Element AI.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Lead execution of projects while guiding and developing team members;
- Take ownership of client deliverables to ensure they meet Element’s high standards;
- Synthesize across workstreams to identify and articulate the “story” of clients’ AI transformations;
- Build relationships with senior clients and ensure their priorities are reflected in Element’s work;
- Collaborate with Element’s Project Managers to manage clients during technical phases;
- Oversee client development and proposal development efforts;
- Drive thought leadership projects and other internal initiatives.
You want to join us because you are passionate about:
- Driving enterprise-scale transformations;
- Being a trusted advisor to senior clients;
- Developing and empowering the people on your teams;
- Leading executive workshops and meetings;
- Overseeing the creation of end products that drive action;
- Driving the evolution of Element AI’s methodology and knowledge leadership;
- Building partnerships and initiatives that improve the AI ecosystem.
We want you to join us because you have:
- Undergraduate degree or Master’s (preferred) in management, business, economics, design, or a related domain;
- At least 4-6 years of work experience excelling in a top-tier management consultancy, innovation consultancy or design studio;
- At least 2 years experience leading teams;
- Experience with the entrepreneurial dynamics of a start-up – either in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities;
- Excellent organizational skills with efficient time management and the ability to prioritize work effectively;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex technical topics;
- Demonstrated interest in technology and the role of AI.
We want you to join us because you are:
- Able to seamlessly manage 3-5 person teams that mix business, technical, and creative members;
- A passionate coach who develops extraordinary junior teammates;
- An agile thinker who quickly understands new domains and identifies opportunities to apply and extend their knowledge;
- Comfortable navigating and creating clarity in ambiguous environments;
- Able to engage and communicate effectively with executives and the front-line;
- Able to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams that include researchers, engineers, and designers.
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team;
- Open and inclusive company culture;
- Worldwide competitive salary;
- Multiple development paths;
- Participation in the company success through the Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Participation in company employee benefits program;
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours);
- Autonomous, self-managed Agile teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Element AI
Element AI is an artificial intelligence solutions provider that gives organizations unparalleled access to cutting-edge technology. Co-founded in 2016 by established entrepreneur Jean-François Gagné and leading AI researcher Yoshua Bengio in the deep learning hub of Montreal, we’re pioneering an AI-First world by turning the world’s most important AI research into transformative business applications. As authorities in artificial intelligence with deep domain expertise and access to cutting-edge technology, our products and services address all the AI needs of an organization — from strategic roadmapping and ready-to-deploy applications, all the way to implementation of transformative business solutions through our AI as a Service (AIaaS) platform. With a renowned faculty fellow network, the largest privately-owned Canadian artificial intelligence R&D lab, as well as a growing network of specialized business partners, we’re the ideal team to take on your organization’s AI challenges.