At Element Analytics, we’re changing the way people experience industrial data. Today, they must wrangle and work at data — we make data work for people, proactively surfacing insight where it’s needed most. Our platform transforms raw data into actionable insights, helping people make fact-based decisions for greater efficiency, sustainability, and profitability.
At Element Analytics we believe in automation, which includes automating the quality of our systems. Unlike roles with similar names at other companies, a Test Engineer at Element should not be spending their days running manual tests -- instead you'll strive to automate as much testing as you practically can and create tools so other engineers can easily test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practices, evangelize bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across multiple teams. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of our products.
Visa sponsorship is available.
What You'll Do:
- Develop high-level testing strategies and tactical test plans
- Execute the test plans
- Automate the manual testing away
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality
- Drive adoption of new testing frameworks and tooling as necessary
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including software engineering and/or test automation
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with Scala, Java, or Python
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience with data driven analytical applications
- 6 years of relevant experience, including 3 years of industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies
About Element Analytics
At Element Analytics, we're inspired by people who work at industrial companies on day-to-day operations, who keep the lights on and provide so much of the world’s living necessities. We provide them with technology that removes existing obstacles and enables them to realize the full potential of their capabilities. Our mission is to make industrial data incredibly easy to use, and turn it into insight that people can act on to achieve new levels of operational performance. We're a team of industry veterans, data scientists and engineers, analytical and creative thinkers. We thrive on solving hard problems and turning data into real-world impact.