Software Engineer - Frontend
Element Analytics, San Francisco, CA
Unlocking Full Potential Through Data
Element Analytics creates industrial analytics software that empowers organizations to achieve new levels of operational performance. The Element Platform makes industrial time-series data easy to use and helps engineers, data scientists, and technologists rapidly turn data into actionable reliability, productivity, and sustainability insights.
You love building elegant systems and obsess about building software that's flexible and extensible where it needs to be. It drives you nuts to work with systems that are needlessly complex and have extensibility built in for extensibility sake. You're front-end focused and you love to learn new technologies and aren't afraid to step out of your comfort zone. You enjoy data science or data visualization and have worked on some data-related problems in the past. If this sounds like you, we'd love to chat.
Our Stack: We run on Linux in Azure, our APIs are primarily implemented using Scala (Akka HTTP), the front end is written with React and Redux, and we use Python in some machine learning applications as well as for systems work. Our data processing/machine learning is done in Spark, either with Scala, Python, or R. The service infrastructure is Docker containers running on Kubernetes across multiple tenants (both our customers' and our own).
Visa sponsorship is available.
What You'll Do:
- Help build a robust platform that solves customer problems
- Work on challenging applied ML and web products
- Develop the next generation platform for the industrial world (help evolve an industry that’s 2/3 of the global economy from the floppy disk era to the Dropbox era)
- Improve our front end code and architecture
- Build useful and impactful applications
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of designing and building applications that are cleanly coded, well designed and operationally stable
- Experience building analytical applications is a big plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
About Element Analytics
At Element Analytics, we're inspired by people who work at industrial companies on day-to-day operations, who keep the lights on and provide so much of the world’s living necessities. We provide them with technology that removes existing obstacles and enables them to realize the full potential of their capabilities. Our mission is to make industrial data incredibly easy to use, and turn it into insight that people can act on to achieve new levels of operational performance. We're a team of industry veterans, data scientists and engineers, analytical and creative thinkers. We thrive on solving hard problems and turning data into real-world impact.
Want to learn more about Element Analytics? Visit Element Analytics's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.