Senior Product Designer - Mountain View, California, United States
Elementum, Mountain View, California, United States
Who is Elementum™?
Elementum is the software-as-a-service company behind the first cloud-native supply chain automation platform. In today’s world, instant gratification trumps brand loyalty. To survive, brands must connect across their extended ecosystem so they can operate in real-time and deliver at the speed of customer demand. By digitally mapping the $25T product economy, Elementum’s platform sheds light on the flow of goods around the world, and facilitates cross-ecosystem execution to ensure that products are available at the right time, place, quantity, and cost.
What is the Senior Product Designer role?
Elementum is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help drive key product features on our industry-defining Orchestration Platform that helps ensure Product Availability. You should have a passion for working with our customers and a talented cross-functional team to understand, ideate, design and build products that change the lives of our users and the people that they support. This role is perfect for someone who wants to own the end-to-end design of a product in a well-funded, fast growth start-up.
What you will do:
- Create designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements and icons
- Lead data driven design through stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiry, usability testing
- Balance optimal user experience with business goals and priorities
- Validate user types, user goals and business use cases
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design and design rationale both visually and verbally to a cross-functional team
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, product management, business and brand strategist and engineering
- Drive consistency and quality by delivering clear and concise design specs
- Champion a fluid user experience across web and mobile platforms
- Monitor feature builds and facilitate retrospectives to continually improve product development cycle
- Experience in agile software environments
- Experienced in the creation of scalable graphical assets and clean/organized informational design
- Solid design fundamentals – color, composition, space, typography
- Strong presentation skills, and ability to articulate design rationale
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup, enjoy thinking on your feet, and be ready to switch directions when needed
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Primarily Photoshop, Illustrator), other
- Basic knowledge in HTML and CSS
- Possess a demonstrable portfolio of shipped web, desktop application and mobile design work
- Expertise in prototyping tools is a big plus
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
- You are warm, compassionate, and accepting of others
- 5+ years of product design
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Free, daily catered lunches
- Commuter benefits: CalTrain GoPass & WageWorks
- Company outings
- Casual dress code
- Flexible vacation policy
- Pets at work!
- Engage with (and give high-fives to) senior management regularly
- Get in on the ground floor of a huge opportunity
Imagine fumbling around in a dark room for your keys, but everything you knock over costs you $100 million dollars. That’s how the product economy runs today: an endless series of expensive stopgaps to compensate for operational uncertainty. Companies are forced to make huge bets based on blind guesswork, resulting in inefficient cash conversion and disappointed customers. That’s why Elementum is building the Product Graph™ — a digital representation of the global product economy to provide businesses with an enlightened perspective into their operations. An open, constantly growing ecosystem, the Graph shines light on the flow of over $500B worth of global commerce and seamlessly connects cross-enterprise operations, enabling companies to meet customers’ product needs with speed, efficiency, and integrity. Elementum is the engine that fuels businesses and empowers brands to delight customers.
Want to learn more about Elementum? Visit Elementum's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Driver Team