We’re looking for a smart, passionate, results-oriented leader to drive audience growth on VRV’s social media channels. VRV is a multi-channel ultimate fan package of programming featuring the best of anime and animation. There’s also VRV Select, a channel filled with VRV exclusives like HarmonQuest, Lastman and more.
Our audience represents a passionate and eclectic group of individuals that deeply love anime, animation, gaming, science fiction, horror, and so much more. You should understand the VRV target audience, have a deep relationship with content, and think about the world from a creative perspective supported by analytical reasoning. We are working hard to build a VRV community and we need one more.
The Social Media Manager must be a social media expert with solid experience across platforms, analytics, and content types. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day community management contributing towards VRV’s off-platform audience growth and engagement. Priorities include promotion of site content, subscription, events, merchandise, simulcasts and more. Manager will report to the Senior Social Media Manager and work towards defined team strategy and goals.
- Identify & establish a deep relationship with the VRV audience over social media, utilizing any and all organic marketing efforts to reach users in a meaningful and engaging way.
- Build and develop a social brand voice, delivering content and campaigns in line with team goals and broader company objectives.
- Optimize and evaluate campaigns, launches, and new tactics where needed.
- Continuously develop and contribute to Ellation’s social media best practices, with regular experimentation, research, and professional development.
- Develop and implement creative, engaging, original content ideas
- Collaborate with the production team and third-party contractors to pitch concepts and produce video assets optimized for social media.
- Contribute to team goals around growth, engagement, and awareness.
- 2-3 years of experience in social media or community marketing, with a preference towards work in the world of entertainment and/or media.
- Proven experience working on successful, creative and innovative social media campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of major social media platforms, how to tailor content by platform, and what kind of content works best to meet specific marketing or business goals.
- Experience with using analytics and data to support rapid growth.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and working across teams.
- Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling.
- Ability to take direction and contribute to team goals.
- Clear and precise communication skills, excellent grammar.
- Respect for anime and its lifestyle and culture, familiarity with fandom communities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a focus in Marketing, Business, or Communications.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Catered lunch and dinner 4x/week
- Pet friendly environment
*Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any personal information.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting a global community of more than 25 million registered users and over 1 million subscribers. Fans connect through the most complete anime library including "Naruto Shippuden," "Attack on Titan," and “Dragon Ball Super,” events such as Crunchyroll Movie Nights, Crunchyroll News, and can purchase related merchandise through its online store. Through its app on game consoles, set-top boxes, mobile devices and more, Crunchyroll delivers content from leading media producers directly to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages. The service is available for free or through a premium offering that allows users to watch ad-free with access to simulcasts—top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
Fans can also view Crunchyroll on VRV, an audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels and a curated house channel, VRV Select.
Ellation, Inc. is a transformative entertainment company and home of industry-leading platforms Crunchyroll andVRV. With majority investment from Otter Media, a joint-venture between AT&T and The Chernin Group, Ellation operates at the intersection of technology and media to redefine the next wave of media interaction and consumption -- breaking down barriers to content experiences for passionate fans around the world. Ellation’s offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Chișinău develop the product, design, engineering, marketing and content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
VRV is a leading audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels including Crunchyroll, Funimation, Rooster Teeth, and Shudder, alongside a curated house channel, VRV Select. Created to provide fans with a next-gen entertainment experience, VRV offers immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options. As a platform, VRV helps partners extend their reach and distribute their premium content through a high-quality, branded experience on mobile, web, and popular living room devices.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Assistant Happiness Manager (Account Assistant Manager - Marin)
Oh My Green, Mill Valley
Senior Business Development Manager
App Annie, Tokyo
Business Developer Caen
Sales Strategy Associate
Nextdoor, San Francisco, New York
Senior Operations Analyst
OpenX, OpenX - New York
Business Development Representative (German/Dutch and English speaking)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom