Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
About the team:
The Crunchyroll Franchise Team supports the core of our streaming business. It is over 25 people strong and spread across three offices -- San Francisco, Tokyo and Europe. The team oversees Brand Management, Consumer Products, Events, and Commerce. The market is highly competitive -- offering the best experience across various verticals is essential to driving the growth of our ancillary businesses.
About the role:
Crunchyroll is seeking a Head of Franchise Management to lead our ancillary business lines with a hyper focus on super-serving fans and expanding our revenue streams through further audience engagement on and offline. The Head of Franchise Management will own executive oversight of all facets of planning, development, implementation and execution of worldwide strategic franchise plans for our expanding catalog of anime properties.
This executive will oversee the Brand Management, Consumer Products, Events, and Commerce teams currently delivering significant revenue to Crunchyroll’s overall P&L and pioneering new fan experiences. This position reports to the General Manager of Crunchyroll.
The Head of Franchise Management will be a strategic thinker with strong leadership experience, business acumen, fan appreciation, account and franchise management skills. This leader will help us create the most amazing, memorable and shareable events, products and shopping experiences. This person will further expand our partnerships with key IP holders in the exciting and growing anime space!
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
A day in the life of the Head of Franchise Management:
- Lead a staff of ~25 people who own the implementation of franchise strategies, sales, and account management, and the development of materials and programs for acquired and owned IP.
- Oversee development of strategic franchise plans that include seasonally driven marketing elements that support title exposure, product sales, creative initiatives, and fan experiences
- Drive B2C and B2B strategy and tactics to achieve company and title brand awareness goals
- Develop and manage budgets, prioritization, and resources to support the development and execution of franchise and marketing plans
- Builds and maintains relationships to closely collaborate with Marketing, Creative, Legal, Finance, Programming, Content Distribution, and International to drive financial targets, innovation, and a reliable and timely flow of information and materials related to managed properties
- Own the development, management, and presentation direction of franchise plans, marketing activations and brand guidelines for franchises/properties
- Ensure produced plans and execution include: tailored IP objectives, strategies, tactics, brand values and guidelines, retail thematics and sell-in tools, marketing programs and associated budgets
- Partner, mentor, and guide the continued revenue and subscriber engagement growth of Crunchyroll eCommerce, the expansion and evolution of Crunchyroll Events and Crunchyroll Expo, and drive the elevation of relationships and progress of initiatives for targeted accounts with business owners
- Oversee global licensing team and develop best practice strategies to support global and local partners in all categories with business owner
- Identify and brainstorm unique ideas and executable programs to drive innovative franchise plans
- Ensures that all franchise plans and marketing activations are designed and implemented to meet specific measurable goals (short term and long term)
- Recommend and implement market research where appropriate.
- Manages annual tracking studies related to top properties
- Manage annual budgets and quarterly financial reporting on expenditures
- Works collaboratively with, Creative and Licensing to determine creative strategy for property style guides
- Participates in licensor/licensee meetings, when appropriate
- 10+ years experience in brand or franchise management, transmedia, or a related field with a demonstrated ability to lead dedicated teams and optimize business lines
- 5+ years experience in extending media beyond traditional distribution
- MBA preferred but not required
- International business (Japan specifically a plus) and global marketing experience
- Extensive experience with consumer products, e-commerce, and/or consumer events
- Expertise of strategy development, marketing principles and brand management
- Candidate must possess excellent demonstrated decision-making, problem solving, organizational and negotiating skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail required
- Must be willing to travel
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What’s with the name, Ellation? We’re all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we’re building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chișinău, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we’ve spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth’s diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Regional Safety Consultant
99, Mexico City