Crunchyroll is already the premier video-on-demand service connecting anime fans with the content they love. Now we’re bringing content to other passionate fanbases with our new Ellation Technology Platform. We are looking for more world-class engineers to help us build services that scale to serve millions of users across the globe and offer rock-solid reliability to our content partners. Our ideal candidate is a full-stack engineer. He or she is a professional with strong technical design principles- not a hacker. They understand the requirements and think before they code, adhere to principles of abstraction and best practices in API design, and are as cognizant of the limitations in what they build as they are of its capabilities. They are familiar with many technologies and pick the right tool for the job at hand.
- Work with engineers, product managers and project managers to implement new features
- Improve the scalability of our services through proper planning and load testing
- Improve the availability of our services through better monitoring, performance reporting and error reporting
- Improve the server response times of our APIs by profiling, identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- Consider system security in every design decision
- Work with operations to evaluate new infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years working on API’s and/or web technologies
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Familiarity with internet video and adtech is a plus
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks
- Familiarity with code design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL data stores and their applications
- Active participation in one or more open source projects is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Go is a strong plus
- Familiarity with React/Redux is a strong plus
- Familiarity with AWS technologies is a strong plus
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Catered lunch and dinner 4x/week
- Pet friendly environment
*Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any personal information.
Crunchyroll is a leading global destination and platform for Japanese anime and Asian content. Through applications including Crunchyroll for iPhone, iPad, Android, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE®, AppleTV, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, set-top boxes, affiliate websites and its own streaming website, Crunchyroll delivers more than 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of officially-licensed content from leading Asian media producers direct to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages within minutes of TV broadcast. The company was founded in 2006 and now has over 700,000 paid subscribers and is a Top 10 SVOD service.
About Ellation, Inc. (General)
Ellation is a leading OTT video business committed to building premium video experiences for passionate superfans and creating a more sustainable direct-to-consumer business model for content creators and programmers. Ellation operates the anime streaming platform Crunchyroll, the crafting site Creativebug, and the recently launched VRV, a curated multi-channel platform for fans of animation, games, sci-fi, fantasy, comedy, horror, and technology.
Ellation is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and is funded by Otter Media, a Joint Venture between The Chernin Group and AT&T.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Software QA Engineering
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
iOS Engineer, Core Platform
Pinterest, San Francisco
Paytm Labs, Toronto
Test Engineer / Analytical Chemist
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Sr. Software Engineer, iOS
Box, Redwood City, CA
Product Designer - Mechanical Engineer
Samsara, San Francisco