Ellation, Inc. is a transformative entertainment company and home of industry-leading platforms Crunchyroll and VRV. Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting a global community of more than 25 million registered users and over 1 million subscribers. VRV is a fast-growing entrant in the SVOD space and is an audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels including Crunchyroll, Funimation, Rooster Teeth, and Shudder.
Our offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Chișinău develop the product, design, engineering, marketing and content for Crunchyroll and VRV -- we are media and technology experts, and we lead with our digital-first DNA to create experiences for our passionate communities.
Our Ellation Technology Platform helps us scale to serve millions of users across the globe, and we are looking to expand our team of world-class engineers, so we can continue to innovate and offer rock-solid reliability to our content partners. You are a full-stack engineer and a professional with strong technical design principles, not a hacker. You understand the requirements and think before you code, adhere to principles of abstraction and best practices in API design, and are as cognizant of the limitations in what you build as you are of your capabilities. You are familiar with many technologies and can confidently pick the right tool for the job at hand.
We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and talented technical individual to join our team as Senior DevOps Engineer. Your work will directly impact the experience of our highly passionate audiences. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to successfully manage infrastructure for an organization that delivers video via web browsers as well as set-top and mobile devices.
- Maintaining and improving systems infrastructure and application development platform for a leading global destination and platform for Japanese anime and Asian content
- Improving and developing best practices for building scalable, reliable services
- Identifying and understanding existing system architecture and design projects to improve it
- Building and configuring automation and internal tools to support infrastructure and development teams
- Maintaining and improving our configuration management tools
- Ensuring operational best practices by work closely with our development and release engineering teams
- BS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent software or operations engineering experience
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Linux/Unix systems administration or development experience
- Your reflex is to automate, and you’ve done it at scale
- Appreciation of continuous integration, delivery, testing, etc.
- You advocate process and security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to influence others with your ideas
- At least 4+ years experience as an Infrastructure, Production, Systems or DevOps Engineer
- 4+ years experience in Linux systems administration, ideally in RHEL/CentOS
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex systems, and drilling down to resolve problems
- Proven ability to innovate new ideas and projects to automate existing and legacy systems
- Strong experience with AWS and scaling virtualized environments
- Experience with deployments and resolving issues quickly
- Experience with Vagrant, Chef, and Jenkins
- Proven ability to support a service oriented architecture
- Experience with centralized logging stacks such as ELK
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git and writing version control system hooks
- Knowledge of monitoring and graphing systems (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Ganglia, Graphite)
- Strong experience with current web and Internet technologies like NGinx, Redis, MariaDB, MySQL, CDN, DNS
- Experience with cloud and virtualization platforms like VirtualBox, Xen, Hyper-V, Openstack is a plus
- Strong experience with networking technologies (Load Balancers, Firewalls, Switches, etc) is a plus
- Experience writing libraries or applications in Python is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Contribute to multiple open source products
- Employer-sponsored training and certifications
- Opportunity to participate in industry conferences
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and meditation classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet-friendly environment - pet insurance and dog-friendly office
*Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any personal information.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting a global community of more than 25 million registered users and over 1 million subscribers. Fans connect through the most complete anime library including "Naruto Shippuden," "Attack on Titan," and “Dragon Ball Super,” events such as Crunchyroll Movie Nights, Crunchyroll News, and can purchase related merchandise through its online store. Through its app on game consoles, set-top boxes, mobile devices and more, Crunchyroll delivers content from leading media producers directly to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages. The service is available for free or through a premium offering that allows users to watch ad-free with access to simulcasts—top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
Fans can also view Crunchyroll on VRV, an audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels and a curated house channel, VRV Select.
Ellation, Inc. is a transformative entertainment company and home of industry-leading platforms Crunchyroll and VRV. With majority investment from Otter Media, a joint-venture between AT&T and The Chernin Group, Ellation operates at the intersection of technology and media to redefine the next wave of media interaction and consumption -- breaking down barriers to content experiences for passionate fans around the world. Ellation’s offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Chișinău develop the product, design, engineering, marketing and content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
VRV is a leading audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels including Crunchyroll, Funimation, Rooster Teeth, and Shudder, alongside a curated house channel, VRV Select. Created to provide fans with a next-gen entertainment experience, VRV offers immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options. As a platform, VRV helps partners extend their reach and distribute their premium content through a high-quality, branded experience on mobile, web, and popular living room devices.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit http://www.ellation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software QA Intern
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Site Reliability Engineer
Livestream, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Media Systems
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
General Assembly, Denver
Electrical Engineer - Automation and Machine Design
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
Software Engineer - Salesforce
Yelp, San Francisco, CA