Ellation, Inc. is a transformative entertainment company and home of industry-leading platforms Crunchyroll and VRV. Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting a global community of more than 25 million registered users and over 1 million subscribers. VRV is a fast-growing entrant in the SVOD space and is an audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels including Crunchyroll, Funimation, Rooster Teeth, and Shudder.
We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our People Operations team in San Francisco. Our offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Chișinău develop the product, design, engineering, marketing and content for Crunchyroll and VRV -- we are media and technology experts, and we lead with our digital-first DNA to create experiences for our passionate communities.
This individual holds a high level of confidentiality and is our expert in payroll related matters. This position is part-time, up to 20 hours per week, located in the heart of San Francisco. This role liaisons between PeopleOps and Finance.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all employees (exempt and non-exempt) in the US. This includes all steps of the payroll process including preparing, processing and post-payroll tasks
- Maintains payroll system by collecting, updating and entering data from various sources
- Prepare proper documentation for all personnel changes
- Payroll Compliance with State and Federal laws and Leaves of absence tracking
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Manage multi-state payroll related matters
- Assist employees with all payroll related matters
- Proper administration of personnel records and changes as pertaining to payroll
- Maintain employee confidence by keeping payroll information confidential
- Compliance reporting including 401k, Workers Comp, EEO, HCSO, etc.
- Ad hoc reporting as requested by Finance and Head of PeopleOps
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience processing hourly and salaried payroll for a multi-state workforce
- MUST have experience processing payroll in Paylocity
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter and takes initiative to support the team
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background check required
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and meditation classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
*Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any personal information.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting a global community of more than 25 million registered users and over 1 million subscribers. Fans connect through the most complete anime library including "Naruto Shippuden," "Attack on Titan," and “Dragon Ball Super,” events such as Crunchyroll Movie Nights, Crunchyroll News, and can purchase related merchandise through its online store. Through its app on game consoles, set-top boxes, mobile devices and more, Crunchyroll delivers content from leading media producers directly to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages. The service is available for free or through a premium offering that allows users to watch ad-free with access to simulcasts—top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
Fans can also view Crunchyroll on VRV, an audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels and a curated house channel, VRV Select.
Ellation, Inc. is a transformative entertainment company and home of industry-leading platforms Crunchyroll and VRV. With majority investment from Otter Media, a joint-venture between AT&T and The Chernin Group, Ellation operates at the intersection of technology and media to redefine the next wave of media interaction and consumption -- breaking down barriers to content experiences for passionate fans around the world. Ellation’s offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, and Chișinău develop the product, design, engineering, marketing and content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
VRV is a leading audience-focused aggregation platform featuring premium SVOD channels including Crunchyroll, Funimation, Rooster Teeth, and Shudder, alongside a curated house channel, VRV Select. Created to provide fans with a next-gen entertainment experience, VRV offers immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options. As a platform, VRV helps partners extend their reach and distribute their premium content through a high-quality, branded experience on mobile, web, and popular living room devices.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Instructional Coach, 5th-8th Grade (All Subjects)
Alpha Public Schools, Alpha Public Schools
Jr. Talent Manager
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Luxury Retreats - Sourceur (contrat) / Sourcer (Contract)
Airbnb, Montreal, Canada
SquareTrade, San Francisco
University Recruiter - Closer
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior Technical Recruiter
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco