Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: Culver City
The intersection of media and technology is our sweet spot and we are fortunate to be headquartered at the epicenter of the creative economy - Los Angeles. This office houses many of our corporate functions and cross-functional teams tasked with creating exceptional experiences for our passionate communities.
About the Team
At Crunchyroll, our motto is simple - we champion the extraordinary by super-serving our super-fans. Say that 5 times fast! What better way to do so than by helping our millions of fans across the globe discover their next favorite show?
We are a humble team that takes on not-so-humble challenges. From supporting the reporting needs of a few partner teams way back in 2015, to building a widely used data platform that provides custom solutions to multiple downstream consumers today; our journey has been exciting, celebratory, and educational.
With our data platform, we now power reporting, personalization, analytics and other cross-functional integrations.
Our values as a team - we love open source, encourage collaboration, value opinions and foster continuous learning.
A day in the life of our Analytics Engineer:
We are looking for a cross-functional engineer ready to join our data engineering team in Culver City.
In this role you will be building business-critical, robust and scalable data solutions that power financial reporting, self-serve analytics, user recommendations and marketing integrations. Additionally, working closely with the DevOPS team, you will function as a service owner that owns, manages and helps evolve the data infrastructure.
- 2+ years of ETL, building data pipelines schema design, data modeling and database programming
- Experience with Amazon or similar cloud services
- Good understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Hands on experience in any programming language, preferably Python, Scala
- Nice to have - 1+ years of Big & Fast Data engineering experience involving SaaS based mobile apps
- Excellent knowledge of SQL working with large data sets.
- An analytical mindset and passion for solving business problems using data
- Experience with handling large data sources of varying types - structured/relational and unstructured
- Experience with Airflow and Jinja is a plus
- Apache Spark/Beam experience
Benefits: Los Angeles
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Support program for new parents
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ.
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
File hosting service