Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.
About the Team
Crunchyroll's Infrastructure team is a hardworking and forward-thinking group with the mission to deliver a world-class experience to our community of anime fans. We are comprised of highly-skilled cloud engineers with a passion for automating the platform to enable our software developers to efficiently deploy their applications. The ideal candidate will be a proactive leader who prioritizes availability, scalability, and resiliency for the platform, collaborating across the organization to bring stability to our products.
- 7+ years in a combination of operations, networking, software development or analytical fields.
- 4+ years operating in a senior leadership role (Sr. Manager, Director, or above) with experience directly leading globally-distributed teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading operational change at scale, and crafting and operating highly available, scalable, globally-distributed business-critical cloud services using best-of-breed technologies
- Ability to build and lead the infrastructure roadmap and strategy
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of how to develop relevant metrics that quantify the impact of technology initiatives on the budget, growth, and performance of the business
- A consultative leader, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to influence across all divisions and communicate a business vision, key objectives, and technology needs
- Maintain an outstanding level of documentation, including principles, standards, practices and project plans.
- Deep knowledge of IaC patterns and practices, and related automation tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in Docker, Kubernetes, and related ecosystems
- Expertise in AWS and/or GCP operational management – certifications are pluses
- Strong Linux/Unix systems administration skills
- Strong understanding of software development, debugging, optimization, and troubleshooting practices - hands-on experience with common programming languages preferred
- Knowledge and experience protecting highly critical customer data, and maintaining its security as a top priority; in depth understanding of infrastructure security and implementing relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), etc.
A day in the life of our Sr. Director of Infrastructure:
- Own the vision and execution of infrastructure strategy
- Lead the operation, adoption, and evolution of multi-region and multi-cloud deployments
- Lead and automate our platform operations to continuously improve observability, availability, and scalability
- Co-own the platform incident management and resilience processes and capabilities
- Establish a proactive approach to service capacity and cost management that identifies and delivers optimizations
- Guide and foster a culture of performance engineering
- Co-own our deployment strategy and deliver optimizations to our CI/CD pipelines and tooling
- Serve as a key member of the Technology organization's senior leadership team and establish credibility as a trusted advisor to partners, including customers, executives, peers, and employees.
- Manage multiple teams of globally dispersed DevOps engineers and SREs, and lead effective multi-functional teamwork across groups within the organization
- Strategically attract, retain, and develop talent with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion; facilitate the professional growth and development of our team
Benefits: San Francisco Office:
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one