Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime! Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: Los Angeles
The intersection of media and technology is our sweet spot, and we are fortunate to be headquartered at the epicenter of the creative economy - Los Angeles! This office houses many of our corporate functions and cross-functional teams tasked with creating exceptional experiences for our hard-working communities.
About The Role
The Manager of Financial Contract Reporting role requires a self-starter who is responsible for assisting the Sr Manager, Royalties in running the day-to-day operations of contract setup, data and statement preparation, review, and analysis. The role will also oversee the consolidation of international subsidiary processes, data, and contracts into a unified royalties system.
A successful Financial Contract Reporting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a detailed knowledge of accounting to analyze financial statements and the underlying data.
The position requires having the ability to independently foresee and prepare for any upstream and downstream impacts associated with new transactions and initiatives. The ideal candidate will lead projects and work cross-functionally with other areas of the business to manage the timely completion of deliverables.
A Day In The Of Our Financial Contract Reporting Manager
- Lead the Royalties team to ensure the goals and objectives of the department are achieved
- Oversee end to end royalty reporting process: data ingestions, contract set up, preparation and review of royalty statements, research of underlying transactional activities to ensure accuracy and contractual compliance
- Coordinate with various internal teams to identify and resolve the root causes of issues to ensure data accuracy
- Ensure all financial obligations of the contractual agreements are met
- Coordinate with AP on billing and payment validation
- Work on data validations and reconciliations for monthly and quarterly close
- Handle external inquiries and correspondence with licensors
- Contribute to royalty system development, testing, and implementation
- Drive continuous improvements of processes, documentation, and cross-training
- Support ad-hoc and special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance, entertainment, or a related field with exposure to third party participation or royalty reporting
- 3+ years of experience managing people and leading a team
- The proven ability to design and implement integration plans, and consolidate international processes and operations
- Experience with international deal reporting and analysis in a large corporate setting
- Ability to read and interpret legal agreements
- Must be very flexible and able to adapt and lead quickly in an environment that is fast-paced and changing rapidly
- Must have the ability to analyze large quantities of data, resolve discrepancies and drive to deliver data-driven answers
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
This role is for you if you are meticulous without losing sight of the big picture, have an understanding of streaming business models (AVOD, SVOD), and content distribution channels and have advanced MS Excel skills.
Benefits and Perks: LA Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer-paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll, the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one