Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
About The Team
The Center for Data and Insights is looking for a Senior Product Analyst with a passion for understanding data, creating engaging visualizations, tracking business trends and storytelling. This position will report to the Manager of Product Analytics, focusing on delivering useful insights to key team members in the Product and Ecommerce organizations. Additionally, this role will collaborate with leads and teammates from across the CDI organization to investigate data trends, build business insights, and recommend proactive measures to enable better business decisions every day. The right person for this role is a service-minded, insightful problem-solver who will be motivated by the opportunity to impact high level business decisions.
As a partner to internal stakeholders, the Center for Data and Insights team develops insights and executable strategies to further Crunchyroll’s efforts in delivering the best content to our global audience. This includes providing recommendations around how we coordinate, plan, communicate, and measure critical initiatives across all our brands. We operate in a fast paced environment, making our team an integral and cross functional resource.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.
- 5+ years experience with data analysis, advanced analytics, statistics, experimentation, and optimization
- 3+ years of proven ability with data visualization tools like Tableau, Preset, Looker, etc.
- Strong SQL skills. Familiarity with building/ reviewing data science models using Python/R a plus.
- Fluency in data analysis, including defining KPIs, statistical and predictive modeling concepts, descriptive statistics, and experimental design.
- Ability to tell a story with data, communicating actionable insights in ways that makes the information easily digestible and applied for decision making
- Experience in finding opportunities for product improvement and evaluating those initiatives for feasibility
- Desire to learn new things, ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial setting, and an infectious passion for making things better
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
A Day In The Life Of Our Senior Product Analyst:
- Build and maintain recurring reporting to evaluate the performance of our Product launches and initiatives
- Establish, evaluate, and report on key performance metrics
- Provide key team members in Product with useful insights that will help them effectively keep a pulse on their products and projects and make strategic decisions to improve performance
- Ad-hoc data projects that rotate around understanding valuable & risky behavior of users
- Dive into large datasets to uncover insights, and provide impactful recommendations to team members
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ABOUT US We are lucky to love what we do; bringing great content to passionate audiences on the platforms that matter. We operate at the intersection of technology and media and are redefining the next wave of media interaction and consumption. We are product, design, engineering, marketing and content people looking to bring communities together, build sustainable business models for content creators and use technology to increase engagement and access to content globally. We are builders. We are fans. We are innovators. We are Ellation.
Want to learn more about Ellation? Visit Ellation's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.