About This Position
With a mission this robust, irresistible content and conversation is at the heart of Ellevest’s strategy to best serve women as we help them achieve their financial potential. As Content Director at Ellevest, you will lead and develop our dialogue with the Ellevest customer and her growing community around her relationship with money, power, work and financial freedom. You will have the opportunity to own the Ellevest voice and tone, help lead and develop a team of content marketers, and contribute to the rapid growth of our brand. You are equal parts creative and strategic, overflowing with ideas to enable the success of our content strategy across multiple platforms and channels. Working closely with our CMO and marketing team, you will drive the creation of and engagement around Ellevest’s content initiatives as we work to build our community.
- Lead and develop a content strategy that will enable Ellevest to build a movement and best engage women around their relationship with money and financial futures
- Oversee all content marketing programming and efforts that amplify the Ellevest brand and value proposition amongst our target audience
- Drive top of funnel awareness, engagement, and traffic to expand our customer acquisition and word-of-mouth organic marketing capabilities
- Manage a growing in-house content team to write, produce, edit, publish and distribute content and campaigns across multiple channels, including email, social, video, and website
- Help codify and shape the Ellevest voice and tone; pitch and develop ideas that contribute to a rapid expansion of the Ellevest community and the financial control women have over our lives
- Partner with our design, product, growth marketing, CX and leadership team to foster brand cohesion, high-impact content distribution, and a best-in-class client experience
- Plan and forecast thecontentl calendar
- Own and report on content marketing KPIs
- 7+ years of experience in a content-focused role, with leadership and strategic experience
- An expert level understanding of content marketing and brand development for an early/growth stage company
- Demonstrated success at voice and tone development for a female-focused audience
- Highly compelling and sophisticated written communication abilities
- Strong collaboration and project management skills
- Excellent copywriting and editing capabilities
- Alignment with our core values: a focus on team, quality, details, honesty, strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong educational background
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $19MM from investors like Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account women’s longer lifespans and different salary curves, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make becoming a household name a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Flexible Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.
Want to learn more about Ellevest? Visit https://www.ellevest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Writer, Berlin
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Berlin
Freelance Writers (Paid)
Uncubed, New York, NY
Cue Sheet Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Associate Photo Editor
Thrillist, New York, NY
Trips / Airbnb Experiences: Freelance Photographer or Videographer
Airbnb, Asia Pacific
Part Time Freelance Editor, News Curation