About This Position
Product designers at Ellevest are responsible for translating complex information and emotional moments into delightful experiences. Reporting to the Chief Design Officer, you’ll collaborate closely with the product and engineering teams at every stage of the product process from defining problems & requirements to overseeing builds. You’ll also collaborate with with our Brand Designers to create a consistent user and brand experience at every touchpoint of the product.
You are wholeheartedly focused on the user, and believe that regular testing and iteration is the key to delivering a successful product. You have a good sense for when to apply established patterns and styles, as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely (while updating our style guide and documentation accordingly).
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define problems & goals
- Map user flows, design screens, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process across a responsive web product
- Conduct & participate in user testing to validate your work & understand user needs
- Enhance designs using qualitative and quantitative data
- Deliver design solutions that challenge convention
- Give and receive design feedback
- Balance business objectives and customer needs
- Articulate your thinking to colleagues
- Work iteratively in a highly Agile and Scrum environment
- Be an evangelist for UX and UI best practices and design excellence
- 3+ years of design experience
- A portfolio of (shipped) digital product design showcasing complex and creative UX solutions, exceptional visual design and solid information architecture
- Experience iterating on a live product in an in-house environment
- Ability to move quickly from concept to whiteboard to execution
- Openness to receiving feedback and having your opinions challenged
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills — present your work confidently to any audience (engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
- Degree in design or related field
- Experience with A/B testing a plus
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised over $44MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make becoming a household name a reality, and create a brand and a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
Beautiful Office in Flatiron
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Parental leave policy
Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dream Big. Invest Smart.
We’re redefining investing for women, and you’re so invited.
Want to learn more about Ellevest? Visit Ellevest's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Product Manager
Editions Site Operations Manager
Deliveroo, Business Bay, Dubai
Service Leader - Managed Detection and Response
Rapid7, Alexandria, VA
Senior Product Designer
Vox Media, NY, DC, Remote
Dataminr, New York
UX Product Designer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Toronto, ON